1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Other Firearms & Tools > Revolvers

Old 02-25-2012, 04:17 AM

Chiappa Rhino 60SD

this might be old news, but i just happened to find it. never seen one like it. has anyone here ever fired one like this? wonder what it's like.
http://50.116.69.114/chiappa-rhino-6...1-pr-5480.html
Old 02-25-2012, 05:18 AM

I have taken one off the wall at my LGS and put a few rounds through it. All I can say it was the oddest experience I've ever had with a revolver. I've been shooting S&W revolvers for 20+ years and it was not even close to similar.
I had a tough time determining when the gun was in SA mode and DA mode, the trigger was mushy and long in DA but pretty solid in SA.
With the recoil I couldn't tell much because the only ammo I had at the time was some .38 spcl target loads.
I only put a couple of cylinder through it, but I still say it was my oddest experience with a firearm. I will never own one.

Joe
Old 02-25-2012, 09:19 AM

Yeah it's been around for a year or so now. But I think experiences are still very limited due to lack of availability(never seen a single one in person), and also because it's such an odd design few people want to be the test case for it

http://www.concealedcampus.org/
Old 02-25-2012, 10:20 AM

Whole discussion on the Rhino just last week...

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=352494