1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Smith & Wesson

Old 02-03-2012, 04:15 PM

SW1911E (108482) vs. SA Loaded (PX9151LP)

I want to add one more 1911 to my collection and am torn between these two. If anyone is familiar with BOTH of them, I'd like to get your thoughts and impressions. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:41 AM

I do not have SW 1911, but I have been told many good things about it. Especially their customer service is good as Springfield and it is life time warranty also. I do love my Springfield Loaded. Can't go wrong with either one in my opinion.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojackusmc View Post
I do not have SW 1911, but I have been told many good things about it. Especially their customer service is good as Springfield and it is life time warranty also. I do love my Springfield Loaded. Can't go wrong with either one in my opinion.
hahaha... your first sentence eliminated you from this discussion... hahaha
Old 02-06-2012, 09:29 PM

Having had both I think the Loaded is the way to go. I just don't like the looks of the external extractor. Both ran like a champ and my brother now has the S&W. He liked it when he shot it so I sold it to him. It is one of the first 3000 they ever made.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:15 PM

Hi all, newbie here. Signed up to ask this exact same question, hah. I'm having a heck of a time deciding between the two. It's come down to a decision between accuracy, finish and customer service.

Hoping I could get some help here as well. Thanks. (Didn't feel like cluttering the forum with a duplicate thread)
Old 02-19-2012, 08:03 AM

I was down to both Smith & Wesson and Springfield Armory as well. I just happened upon a S&W at a good price first. As far as the external extractor goes, I can't see it when I shoot, and mine has never had an issues and I have had 3 other S&W's with external extractors and never had an extractor issues. Both companies have good customer service. I would just keep an eye out for both, and I am sure you know what they go for so you'll know when you happen upon a deal.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:10 AM

what are the current street prices for both and is this a factor?
Old 02-19-2012, 12:54 PM

I`m sure I`ll be a big help. I have both and if I had to get rid of one today, I`d have to flip a coin. My Smith outshot the Loaded early on, but an EGW bushing ($25 or so) fitted to the Loaded evened things up. So my opinion is buy both if you can

The Mans Prayer...."I am a man, I can change, if I have to, I guess."....Quoted from the Red Green Show.