1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Dan Wesson

Old 04-02-2003, 10:48 PM

Pointman Minor PM3 Std Magazine 7 or 8?

When I purchased my Pointman Minor PM3 several months ago it came with a 7-round chrome magazine that is lazer engraved "Pointman". On one of the internet sites it shows new Pointman PM3 pistols for sale with the 8-round magazine with the bumper-pad as standard.

Did my dealer swap magazines on me or did these guns ship with different standard equipment magazines?

Does anyone know who makes these magazines (7 & 8 round) for Dan Wesson or what additional Dan Wesson 8-round magazines cost?
Old 04-02-2003, 11:23 PM

Magazines

DWs can come with different magazines, depends on what they have available. They get thier .45 mags from Chip McCormick. They cost between $12.00 and $23.00 depending on which one you get.

GrayBeard
Old 04-03-2003, 04:52 AM

Both my Pointmans came with 1 7-round magazine with pad. The best mag for the money is the Chip McCormick 8-round power mag (which DW now ships with their Patriots) which can be had for less than $20 at various internet retailers.