1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Reloading Bench

Old 11-21-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron45 View Post
The only range nearby is indoors, and they have a "no picking up brass" policy. Basically, once the brass hits the floor, it's theirs. They also don't allow reloads, but that's ok because I'd like to load for IDPA.
That no picking up brass policy is B.S. and illegal. You hold the title to your brass and can pick it up. If you leave it then it's their brass.

I had a place here in P.A. try that with me. I told the RO to go stick his illegal policy and I proceeded to pick up my brass and there was nothing that he could do about it.

Either find another range or grow a pair and pick up your brass.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:00 PM

The gun store/range i shoot at has the no pickup brass thing going too. I shoot hundreds of 45 rounds at a time one to two times a week and pick up all my brass that comes to a stop behind the firing line and no one says a thing. But then i grease the workers and range manager with some free 45 and .233 reloads from time to time too. Being friendly can help.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:23 PM

You just need to find a nice young fine looking big breasted female who wears low cut tops to go shooting with you.

Problem solved with the brass retrieval.

Aww, want me to put some lotion on those boo-boos for you?
Old 11-22-2010, 07:38 PM

Range and brass

A range that claims the brass is theirs if it hits the floor seems ridiculous. I would make a net that attaches to a tripod and place it next to the gun I shoot so the brass ejects into a small net contraption. Since it wouldn't hit the floor, you could probably recover 80% or more of your brass and you can thumb your nose at the range owner!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:57 PM

thats crazy so if your car keys fall out of your pocket then your car belongs to them too???? my brass is my brass weather it falls right becide me or lands 3 benches down . and if someone is shooting becide me leaves and lets his brass sit then his brass is my brass too . i would find somewhere else to shoot
Old 11-24-2010, 02:28 AM

Not to throw a wet blanket on this thread but if there is one thing that is more irritating than a 'brass rat' while you are trying to shoot, I don't know what it is. I recall one guy digging through my gun box durring a 2700 match looking for 'his brass' while I was changing targets. Needless to say there was a problem as there were other guns in the box and although all were unloaded and all had 'safety' indicators inserted in their chambers. It was disconserting to say the least. I like to get my brass back and will mark it with a 'magic marker' to collect when it is safe to do so, but if it's not yours put it on the bench unless the 'owner/shooter' says you can have it. I don't like guys moving around my feet while I'm shooting and have said something about it in the past and will do so again. As to the range claiming it, that's BS unless you are shooting a match where it is impractical to have you looking for it and they need to keep the match on time.

Last edited by Aquanewt; 11-24-2010 at 02:30 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:49 PM

Sign up to RO/SO at a sanctioned "lossed brass" match and pick up after it's over. We had over 40,000 rounds fired at our last match. I used 3 different methods for collection. Bag-a-nut, brass wizard and a homemade brass vaccum.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:39 AM

Collecting Spent Brass

Aaron45-#1 Find another range. #2 Buy a brass catcher-see WWW.Sportsmanguide.com or www.cheaperthandirt.com. Shame on you if you are not an NRA member and get their catalogs regularly. #3 ride your local rural area gravel pits, dirt pits, dumps where shooters are likely to shoot their guns. My wife hates Dec 26! I live in central AL and on that day, after 2P I hit the back country. I literally have gunny sacks full of brass from shooters who have no clue how to zero a rifle. I have witnessed some guys, who I tried to assist but refused "They know how to shoot" put 3 boxes of .30-06 rds thru a new Christmas gun to zero the scope. They left the gravel pit vowing to return the scope as defective! I got 60 rds of brass free, plus about 200 other rds of assorted calibers. Just to show you, one day my wife wanted to get some hickory nuts for some odd reason, I knew from my LEO patrol area a cemetery that had some hickory trees behind it (I checked the area for kids drinking a lot). We went there and to my joy she collected 15-20 nuts and I found 150 rds of 38+P and .357 Mag nickle bras in a neat pile! SAme goes for shotgun hulls, ride the rural areas. You will find "brass" gold!