1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Sig Sauer


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-14-2010, 09:36 PM
weemsf weemsf is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 83
Parts




I am looking to pick up a Commander sized 1911. Do the Sigs interchange with standard 1911 parts? How do they compare with the Dan Wesson line of pistols?
__________________
Baptist Pastor, Lover of God and Country, Chaplain, Endowment NRA Member, COTEP Member
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-15-2010, 07:25 PM
custom2's Avatar
custom2 custom2 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,400
The only part that does not interchange is the external extractor. A Sig is pretty much a series 80 style Colt design with a bulky slide.

As to your other question, I have never held a DW to make a comparison. To get a DW you have to spend at least a grand. Most Sig 1911's are under a grand.
__________________
GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-15-2010, 08:29 PM
weemsf weemsf is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by custom2 View Post
The only part that does not interchange is the external extractor. A Sig is pretty much a series 80 style Colt design with a bulky slide.

As to your other question, I have never held a DW to make a comparison. To get a DW you have to spend at least a grand. Most Sig 1911's are under a grand.
Thanks for responding and the info.
__________________
Baptist Pastor, Lover of God and Country, Chaplain, Endowment NRA Member, COTEP Member
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-15-2010, 08:30 PM
dj528 dj528 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Phila PA
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by weemsf View Post
I am looking to pick up a Commander sized 1911. Do the Sigs interchange with standard 1911 parts? How do they compare with the Dan Wesson line of pistols?
I strongly considered a DW before I got my Sig. I don't get what the fuss is about. Seemed like very nice well made pistols. Not worth anything close to $1500.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-16-2010, 09:09 PM
abnranger abnranger is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: trying to hide from growing up
Posts: 1,030
I find Sig's 1911 to be one of the better 1911s on the market. I have GSR Blackwater now TacOps. It shoots like a house a fire, and I like it.
__________________
Too old and too beat up to care; hiding from our caring politians.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-09-2010, 08:34 PM
old-lefty old-lefty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Midwest
Age: 67
Posts: 5,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnranger View Post
I find Sig's 1911 to be one of the better 1911s on the market. I have GSR Blackwater now TacOps. It shoots like a house a fire, and I like it.
I agree - liking the SIG 1911 platform more and more.
__________________
"...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." - Jesus, Luke 22:36
COTEP Member; CBOB0695
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2011 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved