1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Other 1911's

Old 03-31-2010, 03:16 PM

Peters-Stahl 10mm

Seeking Information on Peters-Stahl 10mm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a 1911 (or, if you are a purist, a 1911-style) pistol in 10mm.

The slide is marked "Springfield Armory" on the right flat and "MODEL 1911 - A1" on the left. The breech-face is 10mm. There is an Ulm House Proof mark on the slide.

It has a single extractor.

It has adjustable sights mounted which are marked with the Peters-Stahl logo.

The linkless barrel assembly has normal 1911-style lugs and is marked 10mm and marked with the Peters-Stahl Logo and the ULM House Proof mark.

The frame (Essex) is marked with the Peters-Stahl Logo and a series of Ulm House Proof marks consistent with a 1990 date.

The pistol runs like clockwork and is accurate within my own abilities (that is, it groups as well as anything I have or have recently shot). I like it.

I can find information on both the Springfield Armory Omega and the Springfield Armory Linkless.

This is neither.

I have contacted Springfield Armory and they deny any knowledge of the pistol and flatly stated that it has not been in their shop.

I have also attempted to contact a person identified as a distributor for Peters-Stahl here in Texas, but the information is apparently dated.

I have emailed Peters-Stahl without result.

From the information I have been able to glean, I infer that the pistol was built (assembled, anyway) in the Peters-Stahl factory (armory?) using Peters-Stahl, Essex, and Springfield Armory components and proofed in 1990 by Ulm. Iíve not seen another just like it (although itís pretty much identical to the SA Linkless, as far as I can tell). Therefore I suspect that itís not a production pistol but either a prototype or a custom build.

Any information would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Best,

Will
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01396 (Medium).JPG  
Old 03-31-2010, 03:23 PM

Good luck with your search; the 10mm if my favorite round; enjoy your blaster!
Memberships: NRA (Life), IDPA, Cheesecake of the Month (not really), COTEP #0371
Old 09-29-2010, 07:56 PM

Bump for autumn to say that I'm still seeking information on this great pistol!

It is a remarkable shooter, POA and I can make a single hole on a good day.

Any information would be appreciated.

Best,

Will
Old 09-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Banned

I am going from memory here so....springfield marketed these pistols in the united states in the late eighties early nineties and they appeared in the springfield catalogs of the time. Several magazines did articles on them. If I recall correctly, a big part of their system was caliber conversions and running multiple calibers on one frame. I did actually see and had the opportunity to shoot one but it has been a long time. Seems like they had an external extractor. It seems they retailed for close to a grand at a time when a base springfield was under 500. That is about all I remember.

Last edited by chuntaro; 09-29-2010 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-04-2010, 08:50 PM

found this website on 10mm handguns, here is a link with a little info on
peters stahl 10mm,

http://marina.fortunecity.com/harbour/347/10mm02.html

i pasted it as well.........

PETERS STAHL USA
PETERS STAHL USA had a web site up early in 1999, but the US distributor and PETERS STAHL couldn't come to an agreement for the distribution of the OMEGA pistols. Peter Stahls does have a European based web site at Peter Stahl (link). The site does have 10mm top ends and it looks like they have a lot other things to look at. There are two general models available in 10mm. The Model 07 and the Model 92 are the two models. Several variations on both model are suppose to be available.SPRINGFIELD ARMORY (link) offered an interesting Linkless 10mm (pic) that incorporated a Peters Stahl inspired design and also offered, among a number of distributors in the past, the OMEGA handguns that are now the Model 07 and Model 92. The Stahl design has several innovations that try to improve the Browning 1911 design. First and foremost of the changes is the use of a "linkless" system for locking up the gun for controlling the recoil. The barrel and slide are modified to achieve this and the result looks like the lock up of a GLOCK or a SIG/SAUER. Also incorporated in the Peters Stahl linkless slide assembly are dual extractors, and the ability for multicaliber adaptations with only the change of the barrel, recoil spring assembly and magazine. The frame has the same feel of regular 1911's. These guns go for a premium so expect to pay over $1500. For that price, you do get a custom grade handgun though. The 10mm slides are only available in blue steel. Slide and barrel lengths come in 5" and 6". If you have a Peter Stahl 1911 or a Springfield Linkless 10mm and are looking for replacement barrels, JARVIS (link) has a barrel lockup system that looks very similar.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
replacement barrels, JARVIS (link) has a barrel lockup system that looks very similar.
I have seen Peter Stahl Omegas, I once owned a Jarvis Kam-Lok barrel. They are similar in operation but not interchangeable.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:00 PM

I'm just going to throw this out there-

I remember kits back in the day, from springfield armory, that contained both .45 and 10mm linkless uppers with only one frame. Maybe someone parted one of the kits out? They kept the frame and the 45 upper and sold the 10mm upper?
Old 10-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Banned

I think the one I fired was a 10mm, 40 s and w combo. I am fairly certain it was available in one and two calibers when Springfield handled them.