1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Sig Sauer

Old 01-03-2009, 07:52 PM

Sig Saur Commander 1911 with accessory rail

I have seen 1 Sig 1911 and it didn't look right. Now I see this one that isn't on Sigs website.

This is an outstanding looking pistol. Are there any Sig fans here?
Attached Thumbnails
sig commander 1911.jpg  

Pro God! Pro Guns! Pro Rock & Roll! Long Live Ted Nugent!
Old 01-03-2009, 08:04 PM

I'm a Sig fan, I own two (not 1911's though), and one of those I carry daily. I know a few guys who have the Sig 1911's and both enjoy theirs very much. One of them also carries his on SWAT call outs. I know the lower serial numbers are typically not to the quality of the higher (newer) guns.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:43 PM

It looked pretty right to me when I was shown one in Stainless!.... I liked it so much I bought it....after shooting it... I liked it so much I bought another when I found it.. They are both GREAT shooters!

They came w/ 3, 8 round magazines. Polished ramp and barrel throat. Trigger is about 4#. Three dot night sights. I switched the grips, I like the black on black, cammo on stainless. The grip safety is a style similer to STI. No "manhole". No "Revolution". They are not shown on Sig website, they are not in catologue.. I called Sig...yes they made them...no they could not say why..or how many... no they won't be making them production pieces..
Old 01-03-2009, 08:47 PM

too bad they aren't running with this configuration. I think it is the best looking one.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:51 PM

Tremendous Value.. loaded with features..if you find one of these....buy it! They have 08 dates.

Last edited by Onegoodshot; 01-03-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onegoodshot View Post
Tremendous Value.. loaded with features..if you find one of these....buy it! They have 08 dates.
Agreed. There's a couple of guys here that have one as you can see. Not even Sig knows anything about them. (a few have contacted SIG). If you can, I'd grab it, they're definitely some sort of limited run(so far). BTW I have a SIG GSR Compact and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

NRA Life Member
Colt Series 80 Government
Sig GSR Compact Stainless
Old 01-03-2009, 09:51 PM

I just looked on gunbroker.. they have a Sig 1911 Carry, Nitron with rail.. $1029.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
too bad they aren't running with this configuration. I think it is the best looking one.
Diddo

Is that a lanyard loop?

Pro God! Pro Guns! Pro Rock & Roll! Long Live Ted Nugent!

Last edited by T Dubya; 01-04-2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: add words
Old 01-04-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I just looked on gunbroker.. they have a Sig 1911 Carry, Nitron with rail.. $1029.
Hmmmm... The wheels are turning! Too bad my savings is going towards a DPMS Bull Twenty! I'll have to sell something....

NRA Life Member
Old 01-04-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post
I have seen 1 Sig 1911 and it didn't look right. Now I see this one that isn't on Sigs website.

This is an outstanding looking pistol. Are there any Sig fans here?
Notice absence of "Sig" or "Revolution" or anything...also no "manhole cover" on rear of slide. Memory bumb grip safety, not Caspian style as in other 1911's offered by Sig. Woudn't you all agree though, The cammo looks better on the stainless finish?
Old 01-04-2009, 06:38 PM

Yup!!

NRA Life Member
Old 01-05-2009, 11:03 AM

Nice looking guns, but I really don't understand putting a rail on a commander length gun. I presume you'd buy it for carry, and the rail is more weight and more chance to snag. I also must be in the minority, but I like the Caspian style grip safety better.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:11 PM

classy looking piece
Old 01-05-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear View Post
Nice looking guns, but I really don't understand putting a rail on a commander length gun. I presume you'd buy it for carry, and the rail is more weight and more chance to snag. I also must be in the minority, but I like the Caspian style grip safety better.
Funny, but I agree with you about the rail...I totally dismissed idea of purchase when it was first shown to me.. My exact word were...."yeah...its nice , but I'm not into rail guns".. I do like "Custom" pistols, so I took a second look. I like the bump grip safety, all my 1911's have similer.. and I like consistant grip. The rail is mostly just about heft for me.. these are house guns.. not carry for me personally, so a light might be considered by some.
I have two "special" Kimber CDP's, and also a CZ PCR that I use as carry.
The Sigs are both stainless slide and frame (even the Nitron one) and both weigh in at 39 oz. w/ empty mag. Ok for duty pistols, but too heavy for concealed carry. I guess its the quality of detail, trigger and accuracy that I like with these. Its nice having something special.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Funny, but I agree with you about the rail...I totally dismissed idea of purchase when it was first shown to me.. My exact word were...."yeah...its nice , but I'm not into rail guns".. I do like "Custom" pistols, so I took a second look. I like the bump grip safety, all my 1911's have similer.. and I like consistant grip. The rail is mostly just about heft for me.. these are house guns.. not carry for me personally, so a light might be considered by some.
I have two "special" Kimber CDP's, and also a CZ PCR that I use as carry.
The Sigs are both stainless slide and frame (even the Nitron one) and both weigh in at 39 oz. w/ empty mag. Ok for duty pistols, but too heavy for concealed carry. I guess its the quality of detail, trigger and accuracy that I like with these. Its nice having something special.
Onegood,
Do you know if the railed Carry Sigs have the same trigger as the factory GSR's or did they come with a trigger job? I don't remember if you have any factory GSR's for comparison. I love the memory bump GS too. Bought an Ed Brown for my GSR Compact but it doesn't fit.

NRA Life Member
Old 01-05-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergus View Post
Onegood,
Do you know if the railed Carry Sigs have the same trigger as the factory GSR's or did they come with a trigger job? I don't remember if you have any factory GSR's for comparison. I love the memory bump GS too. Bought an Ed Brown for my GSR Compact but it doesn't fit.
I'd try an STI grip safety w/ memory bump...maybe you can call Sig and ask?
Try to speak w/ JIM...don't know his last name...but he is one of there Custom guru's (he is not in Customer Service)

I can't compare to other Sigs..but I have a few..VERY good 1911's..these Triggers are GREAT.. not soft...prob easy 4#, not less...but ZERO creep or play..you cannot feel the break coming at all! I'm comparing to other 1911's of my experiance, I think these are something special..Sig trying to get it right... IMO.. well done! (Can you tell they are becoming my favorites, I took the Nitron to the range Sunday...with no other pistols!)

I just realized you need one for a Compact...might try Kimber, for that bump safety, they offer some compact frames

Last edited by Onegoodshot; 01-05-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
I'd try an STI grip safety w/ memory bump...maybe you can call Sig and ask?
Try to speak w/ JIM...don't know his last name...but he is one of there Custom guru's (he is not in Customer Service)

I can't compare to other Sigs..but I have a few..VERY good 1911's..these Triggers are GREAT.. not soft...prob easy 4#, not less...but ZERO creep or play..you cannot feel the break coming at all! I'm comparing to other 1911's of my experiance, I think these are something special..Sig trying to get it right... IMO.. well done! (Can you tell they are becoming my favorites, I took the Nitron to the range Sunday...with no other pistols!)

I just realized you need one for a Compact...might try Kimber, for that bump safety, they offer some compact frames
The Ed Brown safety was for an Officer's ( due to the compact grip) The problem was the distance from the pivot pin to the back end of the beavertail was different. When I installed it there was a giant gap between the frame behind the thumb safety and the GS. Dunno. I'll just have to buy another 1911 so I can use my extra GS

NRA Life Member
Old 01-06-2009, 06:22 PM

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome

Supergus, I'm proud to know you! Handed a lemon, you make lemonade!
Def. like the way you think.....ok....Call Ed Brown...tell them you're gonna need a frame to fit your grip safety......by this time next year...NEW PISTOL!
Old 12-16-2009, 09:54 PM

i just bought one on gunbroker lightly used for $800!!!!
im SO stoked i know you guys said a rail on a commander defeats the purpose of carry and i agree. BUT for me its perfect because i have sold ALL my guns to help out with my mother inlaws cancer... so to me... this is the perfect balance if you are to have only one gun pistol. rail for the light at home. and slightly smaller for carry even better... i think im going to have it bobtailed... maybe kote the frame OD green what do you guys think?
Old 07-23-2010, 10:16 PM

sig gsr trigger job

i just got a gsr recently and was wondering if it takes a standard 1911 trigger.

can someone point me to where i can order a cool looking trigger that will fit?

thanks
Old 07-24-2010, 09:35 PM

I have a Aug. 2009 Model for sale on the Sig Forum and Glock Talk, only 3 mags fired through it.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:41 PM

Here's a nice one.
Bob

Old 07-24-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappycattle View Post
I have a Aug. 2009 Model for sale on the Sig Forum and Glock Talk, only 3 mags fired through it.
Heads up; sales or mention of them on here is a no-no.
Memberships: NRA (Life), IDPA, Cheesecake of the Month (not really), COTEP #0371
Old 07-25-2010, 08:41 PM

Sorry, didn't realize.