1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Applications > Tactics & Personal Defense

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Excellent quote...

RJM
Old 07-20-2009, 06:48 PM

You people that are responding to all these side issues that have nothing to do with the driveway incident are falling into a trap of discussing and debating issues that have nothing to do with the initial post.

The argument can not be won if the discussion is limited to whether the officers that were at the scene acted properly, so when faced with an un-winnable argument the only thing left to do is to throw in topics and side issues that are not pertinent to the issue being discussed
Old 07-20-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercorvette View Post
You people that are responding to all these side issues that have nothing to do with the driveway incident are falling into a trap of discussing and debating issues that have nothing to do with the initial post.

The argument can not be won if the discussion is limited to whether the officers that were at the scene acted properly, so when faced with an un-winnable argument the only thing left to do is to throw in topics and side issues that are not pertinent to the issue being discussed
Well said. Progunner keeps throwing red herrings, and when pointed out he is incorrect, starts making strange allegations and conspiracy theory BS and calling those of us with actual knowledge liars, dupes, etc. I wonder how often he has to clean the spittle from his keyboard?
Old 07-20-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:

Those that can do.

Those that can't whine.

Then there are us old farts.

ps: Silver you are right on the beam.

Last edited by master gunner; 07-20-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:44 PM

Some wise person said that we each get to pick the ditch we will die in.

I will not pick the ditch of disobeying an officer who does not know if I am a good guy or a bad guy.

I think that a lot of the other unfortunate situations referenced in this thread could have been avoided by the reasonable application of intellect prior to puffing up the chest, spouting about "my rights" and picking the closest ditch.

You can't fight it out in a court of law if you are dead.

If I was with the officers responding to the call in the original post, everyone I don't know would be suspect. And no one would get to hold a weapon but me and my team. That is simple, basic and entirely rational.

I applaud the good neighbors who responded, and wonder where all the other neighbors were.
"If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. Romans 12:18
Old 07-21-2009, 01:56 PM

"I applaud the good neighbors who responded, and wonder where all the other neighbors were."

When the wolfs are out the sheep hide.

Then the sheep dogs and wolf hounds can be seen.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:49 PM

Wow five pages. I think this is my all time longest running thread on the internet lol.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
You people
Whoa, what exactly do you mean by "You people?" Na I'm just yankin your chain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SISUltra View Post
Wow five pages. I think this is my all time longest running thread on the internet lol.
Congrats haha, btw tell your father he is welcome in my neighborhood anytime!
Old 07-21-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
Whoa, what exactly do you mean by "You people?" Na I'm just yankin your chain.

Congrats haha, btw tell your father he is welcome in my neighborhood anytime!
Sorry there is still some New York in me I didn't get rid of yet, change that to y'awl
Old 07-23-2009, 08:37 PM

Oh my God, I cant believe you...

What the hell is it with the Weaver's and the Davidians? Did you know them personally or something? They burnt.

Just like the crazies and the Kool-Aid. Just like the crazies who poisoned themselves who thought aliens would come and beam them up to heaven... Im sorry, I dont buy it.

That Weaver guy, I feel for his family. But if you got a problem, dont tease the SWAT team and the negotiatiors. One unit should have responded to this Weaver situation. And they should have taken him away. He DID go to prison ya know. Anyway, I must be forgetting something. But I said I feel for his family. Oh yeah, and he displayed all the symptoms of being a crazy Aryan survivalist kook. Lots of people live in the woods peacefully, maybe he forgot how to deal with people - I mean the neighbors too. That how it all started. He felt he was owed a piece of land or something. Big deal.

And one thing that makes me immolate, and want to immolate YOU is the word SHEEPLE that you keep using. You gotta stop that. I mean come on. I know you read a book with that in the title. You are a child, you are so impressionable. Maybe you will grow out of it. But I dont care.

Do you remember the Toyota commercial where these little demons with Toyotas went around chasing these people with sheep heads? I actually contacted Toyota and basically said "How dare you." Soon after, they stopped showing it. I will take partial credit

I know its not a sheep but here is a picture of Progunner. The one with the horns...

Old 07-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Average Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by unilineartuba View Post
He DID go to prison ya know. Anyway, I must be forgetting something.
At least 3 things.
  1. Weaver was acquited.
  2. He won a civil case.
  3. To stay on topic.
You aren't the only one to forget #3, though.