1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Gunsmithing & Troubleshooting

Old 09-11-2008, 10:03 PM

Rail and Frame Jigs

Hello my fine feathered friends. It's my first post here, hopefully it isnt too silly a post. But here goes! I've been tempted for a very long time to manufacture my first 1911. I have pretty good knowledge of the inner workings and can put one together from scratch straight from a bag of parts in a blink of an eye. However this time i've chosen to attempt a custom build based on an 80% milled frame. Some time ago I recall seeing a 1911 Jig which you clamped your frame in that had all the holes properly aligned ready for drilling, as well as a rail cutting jig to properly hold your frame in place as you mill it. My only problem is now when I finally deceide to go along with my idea these parts aren't to be found! Either I imagined them, my googling is terrible or nobody flat out produces frame and rail jigs. If anybody out there has a lead on these items do inform me because I know this certainly wont be the last 1911 I put together!

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:12 PM

Welcome Redfire, check out this link. Do a few searchs and I think you'll find what your looking for. R.K.

http://www.homegunsmith.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?