1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Wilson Combat

Old 07-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Banned

Lost my Barrel bushing on my WC Protector how much to fix?

While cleaning my Wilson combat protector I lost the barrel bushing. How much is it to get a new one and what kind of fitting do I need done to it?
Old 07-06-2008, 03:36 PM

First off I would call Wilson Combat .
Old 07-06-2008, 03:40 PM

No disrespect, but how did you manage to lose a barrel bushing while cleaning the pistol???? If you can fit it to your slide and barrel, cost of a replacement bushing is $20 plus shpg per their web site: http://www.wilsoncombat.com/a_barrel_bushings.asp

If you can't do the fitting, call Wilson for cost of bushing plus fitting: 1-800-955-4856. You will have to ship them the slide and barrel but not the frame. Thus you won't have to pay the exorbitant cost for shipping a "handgun" since the frame is considered to be the handgun.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38 Super Combat Commander View Post
First off I would call Wilson Combat .
+1
Old 07-06-2008, 08:03 PM

As noted I would let Wilson handle it, that said

As noted I would let Wilson handle it that said:

George at EGW will machine bushings to order from dimensions for an almost certain drop in installation - takes careful measurement.

Briley offers a two piece setup with a choice of sizes in the outside part and a choice of sizes in the inside part - again measure carefully and order as appropriate. I have Briley setup in a plinker but I would avoid extra pieces on a carry pistol.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Banned

WHAT!!!!!? how could you lose it? where were you when cleaning it? it has to be around where you lost it. keep searching!.....I hope you didn't lose your bullets too!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:52 AM

Curious

Forgive me, but my curiosity is getting the best of me. Just for SAG could you provide more details surrounding the circumstances that led you to misplace your barrel bushing? What were you doing? Were you cleaning more than one firearm? Were you over grating? Was your wife vacuuming around your loading table while you were cleaning more than one gun? Do you have a little dog in the house that might have picked it up and hid it from you?
Old 07-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Banned

No offense, but I think most of us are very curious as to how you could loose it.

I lost a recoil plug once that shot across the room and was never found, despite tearing the entire room apart and going through everything in it.

Wilson has several drop in bushings in the brownel's catalog if you know your barrel specs.