1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Wilson Combat

Old 07-07-2008, 01:20 AM

Turn Around Time

Can anyone tell me, from experience, what the general turn around time is on a customer supplied pistol for work from Wilson? I am wanting to get a speed chute fitted on my CQB.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

I have had small work turned in less than three weeks but that also included mailing, there, and mailing time back.

Your best bet is to call Wilson and ask. Since you are sending a whole gun which is next day air if you are not FFL that reduces shipping time but increases cost.

The guys at Wilson who kept me from making some dumb errors in the past are Greg Gimenez 1-800-955-4856 Ext 120 and John Lahue at the same number and his extension is is 109.

Greg has set up building several guns I wanted as well as a Colt Lightweight Commander with all of the stuff one could ever want.

John has also helped me quite a bit in with several other guns and one in particular which I am very fond of.

Keep in mind on what you want, "Speed Chute fitted" if that requires refinishing, Hard Chrome takes a bit of time, less time if is going on a stainless, or more time on aluminum frame (re-anodize the aluminum) . Now I have had a set of sights installed on a stainless slide in 3 days NOT counting mailing. Nothing additional required.

For those reasons what you want to get done will be most accurately answered by the folks that do the work.

Terry Peters

http://www.pt-partners.com

Do your research but you get what you pay for front end or back end.

Last edited by PT-Partners; 07-07-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:00 AM
Banned

A few weeks at the outside. I have spent about 10K with them in the last few years and have never been dissapointed with their work or their service. They will do other parts from different companies as well; just tell them what you want and they can probably do it.