1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Other 1911's

Old 05-05-2008, 11:07 PM

American Classic 1911???

Has anyone heard anything about this pistol??? I tripped over the website surfing. Through S & B distributors. Two models Mil spec and enhanced. (delux)

http://www.americanclassic1911.com/index.php
"...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." - Jesus, Luke 22:36
COTEP Member; CBOB0695
Old 05-06-2008, 12:11 AM

Sure looks like another re-branding of ARMSCOR, but can't tell from that site.
Made in either Philippines, or could be China by now.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:55 PM

i would be curious to see if its coming out of the same place that armscor is getting theres, the prices seem to be about the same as the current RIA's

russel
SDMF
Old 05-14-2008, 02:55 PM

American Classic is not a Armscor Its a new pistol and new factory. Will be sold under the name America Classic and Firestorm . Yes made in Phillipines but once again a new factory. Early reports from owners have been good
Please do not mistake these new Firestorm/American classic with the old Llama gun. These new pistols are fully 1911 compatable .

Will be dist by Eagle Dist in NJ same people who Dist Bersa.

If your going to be at the Louisville NRA convention. I belive they will be on display at the Eagle /Bersa booth .
Old 05-14-2008, 06:13 PM

hideous roll mark. But looks like the RIA and Armscor stuff, so maybe its a shooter. and look, with all the bells and whistles...only a MSRP of $479, which means what, a street price of $400 for the modded one?...mover over Taurus, there's a new guy on the block. Wonder if there's 2100 worth of parts tho like a PT?
NRA Life Member

Last edited by DevilDave1911; 05-14-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:37 AM

I spoke to a smith (Ted is his name) from one of the service centers that tested the first shipments of the this pistol - Comes with forged frame and slide - tight fit - reliable - accurate - better in quality of fit and function to other name brand production pistols - SA and Kimber where two names he mentioned. (for 1/2 the $$$$. He said the specs were right on and the steel was to correct hardness for orginal specs. " Lot of pistol for the $$$" ... Ted said.

Only issue was cheap grip pannels. Seemed to know his stuff - senior man - been in the business a long time. They will be under Firestorm roll mark and American Classic roll mark. No one has any - Ellot, Eagle, Davidson - there are a few out there - from the first few that were imported. Not sure what roll mark. The Firestorm roll mark is just Butt ugly! So I hope they come with the lettered rollmark.
"...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." - Jesus, Luke 22:36
COTEP Member; CBOB0695
Old 05-15-2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
Sure looks like another re-branding of ARMSCOR, but can't tell from that site.
Made in either Philippines, or could be China by now.
Considering you can't buy Norinco's in the US, I doubt they are made in China.
"You see, Doctor, God didn't kill that little girl. Fate didn't butcher her and destiny didn't feed her to those dogs. If God saw what any of us did that night he didn't seem to mind. From then on I knew... God doesn't make the world this way. We do."

-Rorschach
Old 05-15-2008, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDave1911 View Post
hideous roll mark. But looks like the RIA and Armscor stuff, so maybe its a shooter. and look, with all the bells and whistles...only a MSRP of $479, which means what, a street price of $400 for the modded one?...mover over Taurus, there's a new guy on the block. Wonder if there's 2100 worth of parts tho like a PT?
DD for the amount you bash Taurus you must really get off on it. I mean REALLY. You know what psychologists say about people who feel the need to put others down, right?
"You see, Doctor, God didn't kill that little girl. Fate didn't butcher her and destiny didn't feed her to those dogs. If God saw what any of us did that night he didn't seem to mind. From then on I knew... God doesn't make the world this way. We do."

-Rorschach
Old 05-15-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiVelSword View Post
DD for the amount you bash Taurus you must really get off on it. I mean REALLY. You know what psychologists say about people who feel the need to put others down, right?
Yes...its a sickness....in my defense, I don't "get off" on it, its just my knee-jerk reaction to people continually saying they are the BEST gun for the money, when its so far from the truth. That said, I'm turning a new leaf as I type. and I apologize, I've obviously went to that "well" way too many times...and my opinion is known...I will refrain from this point on....btw, where do I send my payment for the counseling? seriously....nuff said about those on my end. I concur!! the last thing I want to do is wear out my welcome, and I fear I've come dangerously close to offending one too many times....it will stop.
NRA Life Member

Last edited by DevilDave1911; 05-15-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDave1911 View Post
Yes...its a sickness....in my defense, I don't "get off" on it, its just my knee-jerk reaction to people continually saying they are the BEST gun for the money, when its so far from the truth. That said, I'm turning a new leaf as I type. and I apologize, I've obviously went to that "well" way too many times...and my opinion is known...I will refrain from this point on....btw, where do I send my payment for the counseling? seriously....nuff said about those on my end. I concur!! the last thing I want to do is wear out my welcome, and I fear I've come dangerously close to offending one too many times....it will stop.
And where I agree with you is that they are NOT the best gun for the money. I'll say they are a "good GFTM" though. And yeah, their CS still stinks though I believe that they recently took steps to remedy the situation.

So all that probably means they stink a little less than usual.

I own a Taurus compact 9mm and I hope to never have to call them.

-Rorschach
Old 05-15-2008, 07:27 PM

If they offered a Commander version with this type of grip safety and in .38 Super. I'd buy it! Oh, and keep the flat MSH!

-Rorschach
Old 05-27-2008, 01:15 PM

I'm looking at one of the deluxe models and was wondering if anyone knows what aftermarket night sights will fit. Thanks
Old 05-27-2008, 01:28 PM

The name "American Classic" is deceptive and offensive to me.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:44 PM

I would guess that novak style rear would be a safe bet. I do not have mine yet - so that is a best guess!
COTEP Member; CBOB0695
Old 05-27-2008, 06:05 PM

they are made my metro arms in the philipines they also make the new firestorm 1911 same as the armerican classic different roll mark i have the firestorm dlx its a great pistiol. rsa imports the firestorm phone is 732 493 5657. hope this info helps
Old 05-27-2008, 09:06 PM

I got the American Classic last thur. Just been playing with ball but seems pretty accurate and hasn't had a fauiler of any kind in first 100 rounds.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:33 PM

SAW MINE TODAY - GOING BACK

It has AMERICAN CLASSIC II on the frame - not sure what the II stands for.

Fit and finish is pretty good
The grips suck big time
the Barrel lugs and lock up is good

That is the good news -

Bad news - the barrel hood is too long so the slide overrides the frame and the OD on the barrel breach/throat is too short by almost a 1/4 inch and does not come up against the slide breach face.

The slide has some fine hair line scratches in it - as if the tool for cutting the roll mark skipped. So I have a call into the repair center to see what is the next step to get the barrel replaced and the scratches removed from the slide.

I will post pictures this weekend after I pic it up.

I have another generic barrel that I HOPE WILL be a drop in.
COTEP Member; CBOB0695
Old 06-05-2008, 11:27 PM

I believe American Classic refers to the 1911 being exactly that, an American classic.

Quote:
American Classic will be available at the end of 2007. High-cap models and different calibers to follow.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-lefty View Post
SAW MINE TODAY - GOING BACK

It has AMERICAN CLASSIC II on the frame - not sure what the II stands for.

Fit and finish is pretty good
The grips suck big time
the Barrel lugs and lock up is good

That is the good news -

Bad news - the barrel hood is too long so the slide overrides the frame and the OD on the barrel breach/throat is too short by almost a 1/4 inch and does not come up against the slide breach face.

The slide has some fine hair line scratches in it - as if the tool for cutting the roll mark skipped. So I have a call into the repair center to see what is the next step to get the barrel replaced and the scratches removed from the slide.

I will post pictures this weekend after I pic it up.

I have another generic barrel that I HOPE WILL be a drop in.

I have mine next to me and I have none of the problems your describing .
I can give you the name and Number of the Warrenty center that we use on http://bersatalk.com He is the #1 warrenty. shop. He will as I understand be doing the American Classic and Firestorm as well.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:56 PM

Here is the gap I am referring to.

I have a FedEx call tag and will send it out Monday - replace - refit the barrel - remove scratches and reblue the pistol. Check for function and reliability. I hope it does not take too long!!!!!

The rollmark is American Classic II - not sure what the II means!!!

COTEP Member; CBOB0695