1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Para USA

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 01:19 PM

Para P14 Mags And The Plus 2 Base Pad

On all of my Para mags, I have always loaded them up with 15 rounds of ammo without any problems. The mags are completely stock from Para. Yesterday I installed one of Para's plus 2 base pads and to my surprise...I was only able to add one more round of ammo which is now at a total capacity of 16 rounds. Now conventional thinking would have you to believe that since I was originally able to load up 15 rounds, the plus 2 base pad would give me a grand total of 17. I was wondering what is everyone elses experience with the Para mags as far as capacity goes, are you putting in 14 or 15 rounds, and is anyone else using Para's extended base pad?

Last edited by carlos64030; 07-19-2004 at 12:00 AM.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:55 AM

Para Base Pads

I own a Para P14.45 Ltd. SS. The stock mag only loads 14 rnds. max and the orig. Para extended base pads only adds one ( using Para's stock mag spring).

I have Dawson base pad , Orig. Para base pads and Grams eng'g. base pad. The Dawson base pad works fine with the aftermarket magazine ,Mecgar 13 rndr.,using wolff's +10% mag spring in combination with S&A one piece magwell. All base pads only add one ammo using Wolff's +10% magspring. All have been quite reliable in my gun.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermo Gut
I own a Para P14.45 Ltd. SS. The stock mag only loads 14 rnds. max and the orig. Para extended base pads only adds one ( using Para's stock mag spring).

Bingo. I'm selling my Para mag collection in the equipment/gear forum right now (forgive the shameless promotion), and the base pad extends the capacity to one with Para mag springs. In fact, the Para website shows a mag cutaway with an extended basepad at their proshop page for mag sales. there you can see 15 rounds loaded in the extended mag. It seems your mag springs are out of spec or worn and I'd consider downloading and replacing the springs if you use this weapon for self-defense.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpsmack
Bingo. I'm selling my Para mag collection in the equipment/gear forum right now (forgive the shameless promotion), and the base pad extends the capacity to one with Para mag springs. In fact, the Para website shows a mag cutaway with an extended basepad at their proshop page for mag sales. there you can see 15 rounds loaded in the extended mag. It seems your mag springs are out of spec or worn and I'd consider downloading and replacing the springs if you use this weapon for self-defense.
A year and a half later after I made this thread?!! Anyhooooo...my guns still perform 100% using the same mags and springs. I carry my Nite Hawg now as my daily carry FWIW.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Banned

Right - this thread is 1 1/2 years old. Please don't ressurect old, dead threads.
Closed Thread