1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Para USA

Old 12-23-2005, 08:12 AM

I Acually Own A S/s Ltc That I Bought About 2 Months Ago, And A Kimber Custom Ii That I Have Had For About A Year Now. I Have Put About 2000 Rounds Through The Ltc Without A Problem, And About 5000 Rounds Through The Kimber. Both Pistols Are Much More Accurate Than I Am. Never Had A Problem With Either One So I Have Not Had Any Experience With Their Customer Service.
Attached Thumbnails
100_1518.JPG  
Old 12-23-2005, 08:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by purdue_ie
but i wanted to ask more detailed information about the steps in between the few hundred rounds, or if its just shooting the rounds, then going home and cleaning it again
There is nothing more detailed required. Just shoot the dang thing. After a couple hundred rounds, clean and re-lube. You can clean and re-lube after every single round if you want to, however.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Banned

breaking in barrrel

i talked to a gun smith down the street from me and he said the following, i trust his advice but i wanted to double check

he said for the first 50 shots, every 10 shots clean the barrel, so swab the barrel, then spray some rem oil down the barrel and swab until clean, then a few passes of a snake bore. then after the initial 50, then every 20-25 until 100, then the barrel is done being broken in. he said 10 for the first 50 is the min, but more frequently doesnt hurt it.

anyone else have anything different?

thanks

*and one more thing, does anyone know of a good thigh holster? like maybe blackhawk or similar?

thaks
Old 12-30-2005, 02:09 PM
Banned

Complete and utter nonsense! (Your non-expert's advice, not you! )

This is not a benchrest rifle and even these don't need this unless someone bought a very rough barrel.

There is no need to ever clean the "copper" out of the barrel unless the weapon is grouping wildly. Copper will right back before you fire the first full magazine. It's self limiting.

Pull a Boreshake with CLP on it thru the bore before you shoot it the first time and then every time you clean it. Leave the bore cleaner alone, corrosive primers haven't been used in most of our liftetimes.

You wearing body armor? If not get a Bladetech belt holster and leave the ninja holster on the shelf.

-- Chuck