1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Colt

Old 05-01-2001, 08:47 PM

Colt LAPD Special .45 1911A1

I just picked up a new in box (very nice presentation case) 100% condition LAPD Gold engraved Colt 1911A1 I can tell by the Seiral number it was produced from 1979-80 time frame. It is unfired and just awesome! Does anyone know anything about this commeritive? It is listed on the C&R list but have found nothing else on it. Like how many made, what was the original SRP, and present day value.
Thanks
Ty

------------------
Cheers,
Ty
www.CoolGunSite.com
Old 05-02-2001, 06:41 AM
Banned

If you can't find in the bluebook or other good source. It was not available to the public at all. Sounds like an interesting find TY.
Old 05-08-2001, 01:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ty:
I just picked up a new in box (very nice presentation case) 100% condition LAPD Gold engraved Colt 1911A1 I can tell by the Seiral number it was produced from 1979-80 time frame. It is unfired and just awesome! Does anyone know anything about this commeritive? It is listed on the C&R list but have found nothing else on it. Like how many made, what was the original SRP, and present day value.
Thanks
Ty

------------------
"An ultimate goal of the United States is a world which is free from the ... dangers and burdens of armaments;" 22 USCS SEC. 2551
Old 05-08-2001, 01:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ty:
Thanks
Ty

Your LAPD Colt is one of an issue of 850 pistols made by the Custom Shop for the LAPD. In all the years that I have collected, I have only seen one example of this gun and it was really sweet.
SamColtFan

------------------
"An ultimate goal of the United States is a world which is free from the ... dangers and burdens of armaments;" 22 USCS SEC. 2551
Old 05-16-2001, 10:53 PM

Sorry, I've got no help on your pistol for you, but I have similar situation. I've got a circa 1992 Government Model which commemorates the Culver City Police Department (CCPD) and I haven't been able to find much information on it like quantity made (although by the special serial number, it can't be more than 999 examples).
Old 05-18-2001, 01:35 PM

i knew a guy that went to work for the CCPD

------------------
Caspian frame + Colt parts = Col-spian? or Cas-olt?
Old 08-25-2012, 02:35 PM

Reviving a 12-year-old post because searching LAPD in the Colt forums revealed only one thread on this gun.

My father (retired LAPD) has one of these that he got back in the late 70's or early 80's. He bought it new as part of the special run.

He doesn't take good pics, but I just thought I'd share.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:47 PM

Nice!