1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Wilson Combat

Old 05-12-2012, 10:33 PM

Help me out here with a new Wilson purchase

Been shooting a long time, caught the 1911 bug a few years ago and have several that I really like. Feel like I want to take it to a 'whole nutha level' and get a custom 1911 and Wilson is all I am looking at, after doing a fair amount of research. My first will most likely have to be used due to timing and funding though. Although I am getting familiar with the line, I don't know much about the older Wilsons. I have looked at a 2002 Professional and a 2002 Sentinal (in .45 ACP) recently and they seemed reasonably priced (under $2500) for excellent condition, low round count guns. I'll primarily train with this gun and ultimately replace one of my carry guns after some shooting and proficiency. The only thing I really need is an Ambi safety, which I know can be added, because I am left handed. What do any of you think and where, besides Gunbroker are good places to find used Wilsons? My LGS (s) don't seem to ever come across any and if they do they're gone the same day. Passed up an excellent seal on a buddy's almost new X-Tac last month and will probably kick myself in the arse for a long time over that.
TIA
Bigdaddy
Old 05-14-2012, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddymike View Post
Been shooting a long time, caught the 1911 bug a few years ago and have several that I really like. Feel like I want to take it to a 'whole nutha level' and get a custom 1911 and Wilson is all I am looking at, after doing a fair amount of research. My first will most likely have to be used due to timing and funding though. Although I am getting familiar with the line, I don't know much about the older Wilsons. I have looked at a 2002 Professional and a 2002 Sentinal (in .45 ACP) recently and they seemed reasonably priced (under $2500) for excellent condition, low round count guns. I'll primarily train with this gun and ultimately replace one of my carry guns after some shooting and proficiency. The only thing I really need is an Ambi safety, which I know can be added, because I am left handed. What do any of you think and where, besides Gunbroker are good places to find used Wilsons? My LGS (s) don't seem to ever come across any and if they do they're gone the same day. Passed up an excellent seal on a buddy's almost new X-Tac last month and will probably kick myself in the arse for a long time over that.
TIA
Bigdaddy
gunsamerica always has several. You could check that out.