1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > New Member Introductions

Old 05-05-2012, 05:46 AM

New from Montana

joined here a while back and realized I never really introduced myself so i figured better late than never. I am a full time custom knife maker, relatively new to the 1911 field but i think I may be addicted. spend most of my free time chasing elk with my bow in september.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:02 AM

Hi. Another Montana man. Born in Billings, late of Bitterroot valley. Do you have a website with your works? Hope you enjoy yourself here.
Semper Fi
Rocky
Old 05-05-2012, 10:36 AM

It's always nice to have new members (even old members who just introduced themselves) who are on the "cutting edge".

You will find this a great place to dig up information on anything 1911 related. It, the forum, is a great tool and you will meet a lot of new friends.

See you around,

Grumpy

"I'd rather be a hammer than a nail, yes I would, if I only could, I surely would."
Old 05-05-2012, 11:21 AM

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yes I have website but I was hesitant to put it on here. I didn't want to come across as only getting on here to advertise. I just stumbled on here and it looked like there were a lot of good folks and some good info. That said my website is www.rjhandcraftedknives.com

My Dad was born in Billings too. I was born in Livingston. Proud to be a 6th gen Montana guy. The Bitterroot is nice country.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:39 PM

Hi from a now-northern Virginian whose family (mother's side) was from Helena and whose wife is from Miles City. Graduated from UM (Missoula) longer ago than it seems.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:54 PM

Welcome to the forum knifeguy. I went to the Montana School of Mines in Butte.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:20 AM

impressive!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knifeguy View Post
joined here a while back and realized I never really introduced myself so i figured better late than never. I am a full time custom knife maker, relatively new to the 1911 field but i think I may be addicted. spend most of my free time chasing elk with my bow in september.
welcome to this forum.......i just visited your web site and had to pick up my jaw from the floor........although I love my 1911's I also have a thing for knives
and those are VERY exquisite!!! WOW
Old 05-07-2012, 08:27 AM

Welcome to the Forum from Georgia.

I Love Montana !!

Been to Forsyth twice for prairie dogs. Absolutely the finest people I have had the pleasure of meeting --------- anywhere !!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:21 AM

Bvrtail thanks for the kind words and thanks again to all for the welcome. Surprising to know there are a few of us nuts from Montana that visit this forum
Old 05-08-2012, 03:38 AM

only being truthful

Quote:
Originally Posted by knifeguy View Post
Bvrtail thanks for the kind words and thanks again to all for the welcome. Surprising to know there are a few of us nuts from Montana that visit this forum
I've been around weapons all my life and I know quality when I see it, and you
have and make it. I believe in " a tool for every trade". I'm familiar with the infamous legends like "Bob Loveless and Ken Onion"and others etc. I've come to
own several knives from houses like Kerhsaw , SOG, Benchmade ,Buck, Spartan, Strider, moki , Sabenza - Chris Reeve, Tony Marfione Custom etc. Same goes for my 1911's.
It was very nice to hear from you Knifeguy keep up the trade, Oh and don't worry about your sanity...... there are plenty of nuts here ( California ) too.

Last edited by Bvrtail; 05-08-2012 at 04:49 AM.