1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Fusion Firearms

Old 04-14-2012, 05:02 PM

New to Fusion with questions

I've been looking at a Kimber or Dan Wesson and happened to run into a nice used Fusion 1911. How is the quality compared to Dan Wesson and Kimber. The gun is used and would run me about the same as a new Dan Wesson or Kimber.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:21 PM

It depends on who built the Fusion. If it a Fusion truly built by Fusion it is good to go. You just have to be sure it was not built by some Bubba with some Fusion parts.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:23 PM

Get it and don't look back..

Hello just my 2 cents. Don't even think about the Kimber- MIM-BER, not even in the same ball park as DW or Fusion..

If the Fusion is exactly what you want get it.. Bob Serva who owns Fusion is a class act and his customer service is second to non-if you ever had a problem with it..

Also from 1996-2005 he owned the Dan Wesson Line, so what does that tell you about Fusion... So with Fusion you can get exactly what you want if you decide to build..

If I was in your shoes and the Fusion was exactly what I wanted I would jump on it, because if not the lead time to have one built is very long.

I know the lead time is long because Bob is building me a Damascus Aluminum Bobtail.

I wish you well with you purchase but do yourself a favor and get the fusion before someone else does...

Best of luck and keep us posted on your decision..
Old 04-14-2012, 05:51 PM

I have a copy of the build sheet so I assume it was built by Fusion? The sheet was dated in 2011 and it is a 1911 custom built Fusion commander Pro Series. Or would it be worth it for buy the kit and build one myself?
Old 04-14-2012, 07:19 PM

Most likely the parts will run you more than the built gun. Good luck.

C
Old 04-14-2012, 07:24 PM

Is the commander Pro Series Bobtail a good size for CCW? My wife has a Kimber Ultra and my hands are too big for the grips.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graysonbornhunter View Post
Is the commander Pro Series Bobtail a good size for CCW? My wife has a Kimber Ultra and my hands are too big for the grips.
I carry mine all day everyday. I have three Fusions and Bob is building my fourth.

US ARMY-'56 to '65-SFC
Happiness Is Having Been An Airborne Ranger And Still Being Alive To Brag About It!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:28 PM

Nice gun. I'm going to try and get ahold of Bob to make sure the gun I'm looking at buying is the best for me or would it be better to have him build me one.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:35 PM

Don't forget the wait.

If the Fusion is what you want and it's a decent price grab it. You don't see many used Fusions because most are built just as the customer wants it so they tend to keep them. Considering the alternatives between the used one and a new one don't forget the wait time on the build. I own "several" Fusions and the wait time (tough to endure but ultimately worth it!) was at least double that quoted on each one. Bob tends to be very optimistic in his time estimates and depending on the features (i.e. finish) some of the timing is out of his direct control. One thing to consider is customer service......Bob and his team are tops. /MK
Old 04-20-2012, 11:06 AM

Fusion or Dan Wesson both are excellent pistols. I am lucky enough to own both, the Dan Wesson is a valor model, the Fusion is a 5 inch government model. Both are real fine pistols, pleasure to shoot both of them. The wait time on a Fusion is getting longer I think, if you like it get it. Got my Dan Wesson from Dave Severns, you can find him in the Dan Wesson sub forum, he is a great guy and does a once over inspection of the pistols before he sends them out so cosmetically it is up to his standards. Here is an idea, get the Dan Wesson and order a Fusion, by the time the build is done you can have the cash saved up to pay for it.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Banned

If it built with Fusion all Fusion parts,but not by Fusion you may save quite a bit of money.Like one poster said,if it is built right.If you can disasemle it take some measurements,and perform some other checks it may be a good deal.If you can shoot it first that would be good also.I priced Fusion for a CCO build and the parts were $1330.00 before shippping and FFL charges.Someone would have to mess up the frame slide and barrel,to make it worth less than say around $800.00.Just a thought.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:35 PM

I am actually on the same fence as the orginial poster and yall's insights are extremely helpful, also could anyone maybe tell me how long the wait time would be for just to get a parts kit.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:17 PM

I believe it depends on the options you choose, mine was fairly straight forward and was about 3 weeks.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:12 AM

I have been waiting for over a year for a slide that was prepaid, with some fairly simple custom touches.....

Cheers,

Aussie D