1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Applications > Competitive Shooting

Old 02-21-2012, 09:38 PM

Single Stack holster for 1911 (something specific)

I'm looking for something kinda specific and as much as I have read over the last few days I'm not really coming up with a good answer.

I have both a railed and a non-railed 1911. (The railed 1911 is actually an airsoft practice gun...I set some stuff up in the garage to practice since it's cold outside.) I want to use the same holster for both guns if that is possible. AND I'd like to have the ability to go to switch between paddle and belt loop (because when I'm screwing around at my house dry-firing or shooting the airsoft 1911, it'd be nice to just pop it on and do a few reps no matter what pants/belt I'm wearing.)

The Blade Tech website doesn't show (that I can see) a different holster for railed and non-railed 1911's...and they do sell an accessory paddle...so if the Blade Tech works with both railed and non-railed, that's it. Anybody know if it does?

If not, any other suggested holsters for me to look at?
Old 02-22-2012, 11:18 AM

For limited, I run a blade tech DOH for a full length dustcover. I realize that the DOH isn't legal for SS but the full length dustcover holster body should work just fine for you. It will work with both the rail and classic slide. I believe that the bladetech holster bodies are relatively proprietary, ie you can put the holster body on several different belt attachments (DOH, tech lock, paddle, etc). So I would probably just buy the belt loop model for a full length dustcover and then buy the paddle attachment as well. That should cover all your bases. But like I said, if you wanna shoot SS, DON'T get the DOH attachment.

Cheers.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpa5oh View Post
I'm looking for something kinda specific and as much as I have read over the last few days I'm not really coming up with a good answer.

I have both a railed and a non-railed 1911. (The railed 1911 is actually an airsoft practice gun...I set some stuff up in the garage to practice since it's cold outside.) I want to use the same holster for both guns if that is possible. AND I'd like to have the ability to go to switch between paddle and belt loop (because when I'm screwing around at my house dry-firing or shooting the airsoft 1911, it'd be nice to just pop it on and do a few reps no matter what pants/belt I'm wearing.)

The Blade Tech website doesn't show (that I can see) a different holster for railed and non-railed 1911's...and they do sell an accessory paddle...so if the Blade Tech works with both railed and non-railed, that's it. Anybody know if it does?

If not, any other suggested holsters for me to look at?
Look at Safariland Paddle holsters for a railed 1911, the standard 1911 should fit and they come with the belt loop attachment.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:03 PM

Thank you so much for the replies.

I'll look into the Safari Land holster...but I now know that that full size Blade Tech works for railed and non-railed, so I've got two options.

Thanks again