1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > STI/SVI

Old 02-20-2012, 04:29 PM

Ranger II with Chrome Slide

Does anyone have a picture of a Ranger II with the optioned hard chromed slide? Additionally, I am looking for suggestions on where to order my STI. I live near Chicago and there aren't any close dealers, hence, I am going to order and have it shipped to my FFL.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:37 PM

Dawson

I'd try Dawson Precision to start with. Not sure what he has in stock right now but being just down the road from STI probably doesn't hurt.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:07 PM

Brazos Custom is a big STI dealer and smith. All my STIs came from them. Based on info from this site I would not hesitate buying from Dawson, Shooters Connection and ohers.

Suggest buying the stock Ranger with the STI bluing or whatever it is. Shoot and fuss with a bit and create a few marks. At that point if you want to hard chrome the slide ship it AWP Cogan. Easy to do because you can ship slide only under Fed shipping regs. They can hardchrome it, change out the sites, resight etc, etc.

Just my $0.02
Old 02-20-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverking448 View Post
Brazos Custom is a big STI dealer and smith. All my STIs came from them. Based on info from this site I would not hesitate buying from Dawson, Shooters Connection and ohers.

Suggest buying the stock Ranger with the STI bluing or whatever it is. Shoot and fuss with a bit and create a few marks. At that point if you want to hard chrome the slide ship it AWP Cogan. Easy to do because you can ship slide only under Fed shipping regs. They can hardchrome it, change out the sites, resight etc, etc.

Just my $0.02
Good point, I think you answered my question. Especially since I am ordering this gun sight unseen.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:27 AM

My first STI and 1911 style pistol was a Ranger II purchased sight unseen. I was pleased beyond expectations.