1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Wilson Combat

Old 01-11-2012, 08:41 PM

If you are wondering what silver Armor Tuff looks like?

Hi all,

I just received this from George at Gunslings. He was a pleasure to deal with and I would highly recommend him if you are in the market for a new blaster.

Sorry for the cell phone pic but my camera is MIA at the moment. I searched quite a bit for a black and silver Armor Tuff gun before ordering but could not find any pictures, so I though I would put this up for those considering this combo. It looks awesome, the pictures do not do it justice.

Blk over Silver.jpg

Jeremy45

Last edited by jeremy45; 01-11-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:10 PM

Your silver AT looks really good to me. Almost a bead blasted stainless appearance but much more durable.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:27 PM

I'd love to see a side to side of that silver AT next to the "newer" gray AT.

Very nice looking pistol Jeremy. Have you got to shoot it yet?
Old 01-11-2012, 09:31 PM

Oh, that's very nice! I see you've got a new "baby" X-Tac with a rounded butt and solid trigger. It looks like you went with night sights as well. The finish has been upgraded to black and silver amor tuff and you chose Wilson's signature starburst grips. As you can probably tell I like trying to figure out all the options in people's guns.

I have a CQB on order with George and I totally agree he's an amazing dealer! Congrats on your new arrival and may she bring you many years of enjoyment!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:43 PM

Peabody,

I am hoping to shoot it this weekend. I might be able to help you out with the side by side comparison as my father got one in black over gray. I'll try and snap a picture tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .45_ACP View Post
Oh, that's very nice! I see you've got a new "baby" X-Tac with a rounded butt and solid trigger. It looks like you went with night sights as well. The finish has been upgraded to black and silver amor tuff and you chose Wilson's signature starburst grips. As you can probably tell I like trying to figure out all the options in people's guns.

I have a CQB on order with George and I totally agree he's an amazing dealer! Congrats on your new arrival and may she bring you many years of enjoyment!
You missed the concealment beavertail Rear sight is the U-notch battle sight with tritium front sight.

Last edited by jeremy45; 01-11-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:48 PM

Looks sharp I was completely oblivious to the fact that there even was a silver armor tuff lol
Old 01-11-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy45 View Post
Peabody,

I am hoping to shoot it this weekend. I might be able to help you out with the side by side comparison as my father got one in black over gray. I'll try and snap a picture tomorrow.
Thanks

I look forward to your range review with your new pistol and your side to side AT photo.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:11 PM

Here is a picture of a Black/Gray Armor Tuff next to a Black/Silver Armor Tuff as promised.

IMG_1831.jpg

Also, can someone point me to directions for putting an image directly into a post as WCR has so generously done for me?

Thanks,
Jeremy45
Old 01-13-2012, 01:51 PM

The "new" gray is a bit darker than the old gray. Yes, the new silver is quite nice. We steer people who want silver to stainless steel generally, but this can be done on request.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:38 PM

Blacken stainless.

I wish there was a way for you to blacken my Classic Stainless slide. I wish to do some upgrades on it though like serrate the top and back, two piece magwell, gold bead front sight, maybe the bullet proof grip safety, and then have it given the glass bead all over.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Davis View Post
I wish there was a way for you to blacken my Classic Stainless slide. I wish to do some upgrades on it though like serrate the top and back, two piece magwell, gold bead front sight, maybe the bullet proof grip safety, and then have it given the glass bead all over.
We can Armor-Tuff stainless. Give us a call.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:32 PM

Armor Tuff stainless.

I will do that, I really want to make it how I like it. Thanks