1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Para USA

Old 12-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Banned

Para LTC vs KImber? mid800

I am curiouos which is better and why
i know its all on preference and what you can shoot, but outside of that i watn to know the reliability, conistency, warranty, customer service, etc etc

i shot a para ordanace ltc stainless 4.25 .45 and what a gun! i loved it and could punch out the center of the traget

i havent shot a kimber, so i was wondering what are the main differences, features, etc to make one better than another?

the para is prettier haha which i like, the kimber custom target is kinda blah

anyways

please help me with helpful posts

thanks
Old 12-09-2005, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purdue_ie
I am curiouos which is better and why

Niether. They are both good weapons. Over here you'll hear Para. Guess what you'll hear on the Kimber Forum.

[/QUOTE]
i shot a para ordanace ltc stainless 4.25 .45 and what a gun! i loved it and could punch out the center of the traget[/QUOTE]

There you go. Try to shoot the Kimber you're interested in too. I bet you'll prefer the Para even if you do shoot the Kimber. Para is usually more acurate out of the box in the price range we're talking about. My LTC is much more accurate than me and I'm pretty decent.

[/QUOTE]
so i was wondering what are the main differences, features, etc to make one better than another?[/QUOTE]

Features are pretty standard now days. I think the big difference is Para has SUPER CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! They will take care of you.

[/QUOTE]
the para is prettier haha which i like, the kimber custom target is kinda blah[/QUOTE]

Looks are important to some folks. And that's fine, we all have our own ideas. (Aint America Great) Me, I'm kind of a utility guy. Does it work like it's supposed to? Great, I don't need a pretty gun to shoot a bad guy to the ground.

[/QUOTE]
please help me with helpful posts[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't now how helpfull I've been but it's like the rest of us had to do. Research all these forums, handle the weapons, research the company and take the plunge. I'm not trying to be a smart alec, just trying to prepare you for the possability of a lot of strong opinions. Some folks are downright religious when it comes to brand names.

EDITED BY MODERATOR - Creek, when you are trying to quote someone you do not need a "/" in the FIRST set of parenthesis.

Last edited by shane45-1911; 12-13-2005 at 07:07 AM.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Banned

I have it's bigger brother the SSP. The ramped barrel is a feature along with Para's power extractor whicch is huge and works. Like the fact it is inside the gun rather than external. Gun is nearing 1,000 rds with no FTF to date. Para has great customer service should you need it and a lifetime warranty, covers everything. If it breaks they will fix it, As far as accuracy is concerned, pictures are worth a thousand words. Your test gun was not unique. Eight in there from 15 yards from a rest. If you do a search on this forum you will find other guys who have the LTC and love them.

Last edited by robertbank; 12-09-2005 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:41 PM

LTC for Me

I have 2 LTCs. One stainless and one alloy. You can tell the fact I like them by the fact I own two. Both have been perfect out of the box. I alternate them as my carry gun so I trust my life to them. Great pistol.
Beretta 96 Brigadier .40 S & W with LaserMax
Bersa Thunder .380
Luger P08. Colt Woodsman .22
Old 12-12-2005, 06:39 AM
Banned

Para Ordnance pistol should be in the $700-$750 range.

Contact Sportingarms dot com or look on their website. I'm seeing prices around $670 + $20 shipping + your local $10-$15 FFL transfer fee for $700 to $705 total cost. Add about $50 for the stainless steel models.

The model you want may not be posted. Leave 'em a message. I bought my Para CCW and Para LTC from them (and several other pistols).

Don't let a local FFL charge you any more than $15. Some in our area will do it for $5, but the drive is too far.

-- Chuck
Old 12-12-2005, 11:30 AM

I would stay away from external extractor 1911 guns. The external extractor was first tried many years back (at least ten years that I know of). It was a failure then as it is now.
Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com