1911Forum banner

Caps

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Corrigun 
#1 ·
I just tried to type YES in all caps, and the post posted in all lowercase. What gives?

#2 ·
ETA in this forum it works. But not in the Leather and Kydex forum.

#5 ·
I'm not aware that anyone enabled that feature (or if it's even available in this version of vBulletin), but yes in case anyone's wondering we strongly discourage typing in all caps. One or two words to emphasize something, sure. But definitely not your entire post! Same goes for changing the fonts and colors from the forum default, please don't do it unless you're doing it for emphasis.

#6 ·
It appears to be in all 3.X.X versions be although a forum mod may not have access to it. If it is enabled in that one category that would prevent even one word from going all caps. It may also be in-

Settings -> Options -> Message Editing and Posting Options -> Prevent 'SHOUTING'.

It may not be a "On of Off" thing either. It may be 0 (zero) for off and 1 for on.

#7 ·
It's definitely not something I have access to. Fortunately posting abusers of the type mentioned are quite rare on this forum.

#8 ·
I think the OP's is saying he cannot do even one word in that particular forum in all caps.

Toss it up the admin chain and whoever has access to the main admin CP can fix it in two shakes. It's just a simple setting problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.