1911Forum banner

To Trade... or Not to Trade? That is the question.

2K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Johnny Numbers 
#1 · (Edited)
My CBOB will be here on Monday... I'm pretty sure of that. However, I have a line on being able to pick up another 09' DW before the end of the year but I can't un-arse anymore money right now. All I have are possible trades.

Would you guys trade off 2 Kimbers for another DW or is that a foolish thought? Your opinions please!!

Out of the following, which would you jump on... RZ-10, Heritage, PM-9, Marksman or an SS Custom?

#14 ·
Yeah baby!!!

I'm BAAAAACKKKK!!!!!!!!

Ok, well here I am making a mad dash to the gun shop where I stumbled across the DW's, and I'm trying to figure out which one to get. So I's goes to thinkin.

"I already have three .45's, so what about the other options?"

I get into the gun shop and start looking at prices and trying to compare what was the economical purchase in relation to the trade in value of what I have. The clerk gives me a figure, and of course I start to haggle.

What it all boiled down to was, do I want to put down what I'm getting in trade in and lay away the remainder or walk out with gun in hand? I chose gun in hand!!!

I am now the new owner of a brand new Dan Wesson Razorback RZ-10 10mm!!

Here's some pics....

I chose the RZ-10 due to the fact that since I already have Dillon 40S&W/10mm reloading dies and shellplate conversion, I can start reloading for this cannon right off the bat!!
Also, it was the least expensive of the 5 choices.

My Kimbers are gone... I'm now on my way to enlightenment!!:D

#22 ·
I'm BAAAAACKKKK!!!!!!!!

I chose the RZ-10 due to the fact that since I already have Dillon 40S&W/10mm reloading dies and shellplate conversion, I can start reloading for this cannon right off the bat!!
Well you answered my question. I was a little late in answering your PM but I was not close to the computer today.

Congrats' on your choice.

#21 ·
Yeah, my main concern at this point is finding some unprimed brass in bulk. IIRC, I saw a few bags at my local gun shop. I'll swing by there tomorrow.

If I had not already had reloading equip. I probably would've made a different choice. I got a 20 rd. box of Corbon 155g. DPX thrown into the deal, and the sticker is $39.99. :eek:

I am NOT... going to pay those prices to shoot this gun.

It may be a week or so before I get to punch paper, but it'll be fun! I'm looking forward to it. Besides, I have plenty of ammo for my CBOB when it gets here.:rock:

#25 ·
congratulations on your RZ 10mm, I hope that you enjoy it and have no regrets for the trade. I'm sure that you will find it a wise move I have shot 10mm but do not own one for the reason you stated (price of ammo) but also because I just enjoy my 45cal. Enjoy your new weapon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.