1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gander Mountain Caves to anti gunners.

18K views 119 replies 23 participants last post by  HT77 
#1 ·
Got this in an email you do not have to worry about copyright issues the NRA wants this news to spread: Gander Mountain has gotten my last dollar. :mad:

CHANGE IN VENUE FOR NRA-ILA WORKSHOPS!
Host Venue Caves to Anti-gun Pressure and Cancels
Dear Wisconsin NRA Member:
Anti-gun activists bombarded Gander Mountain with bullying phone calls and emails regarding this week’s planned NRA-ILA Grassroots Workshops, urging them to cancel. Despite NRA-ILA’s long history of holding Grassroots-Election Workshops at Gander Mountains all over the country, and in Wisconsin, Gander Mountain has caved and canceled NRA-ILA’s Workshops at their Wausau location on Tuesday May 15, and their Eau Claire location on Wednesday May 16.
Despite these efforts to silence NRA-ILA and gun owners in Wisconsin, we have rescheduled these events. It is now MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER to take a stand in support of freedom and Gov. Walker by attending one of these Workshops. Show our opponents we will not be silenced!
We encourage you to join us at these new locations and prove to these anti-gun activists that gun owners in Wisconsin will not be silenced. Now more than ever it is important that you attend one of our FREE workshops and invite every NRA member that you know to attend!

Here are the details:
Monday May 14, 2012 (NO CHANGE) 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Stadium View Banquet Hall & Conference Center 1963 HOLMGREN WAY GREEN BAY, WI 54304 920-884-3159 http://www.theStadiumView.com Register: https://nraila.org/workshops/secure/green-bay-2012.aspx
***NEW LOCATION****
Tuesday May 15, 2012 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Cimino's Gun and Archery
N306 Tree Lane
Merrill, Wisconsin 715-536-1021
***NEW LOCATION****
Wednesday May 16, 2012 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. The Plaza Hotel & Suites
1202 W. Clairemont Avenue
Eau Claire, WI 54701
715-834-3181
http://www.plazaeauclaire.com/
At these meetings, NRA-ILA staff will lay out our plans to re-elect Scott Walker as governor of Wisconsin and discuss how you can become even more involved with protecting Second Amendment Rights in Wisconsin. You will also get to meet your NRA-ILA Campaign Field Representatives Annette Olson (Eau Claire region) or Hugh Fike (Green Bay region), who will be working in their respective areas to re-elect Gov. Walker in June, and other pro-gun candidates in the November elections.
These meetings are absolutely free and beverages and snacks will be provided. The events will begin at 6:00 p.m., and end at 8:00 pm. Please make plans to attend and encourage your fellow NRA members to attend as well.
To register for one of these free events,
please click one of the links above or call the NRA-ILA Grassroots Division at (800) 392-VOTE (8683).
If you wish to contact your NRA-ILA Grassroots Coordinator Miranda Bond, with questions, please contact her at 703-267-1183 or mbond@nrahq.org.
You may also contact your NRA-ILA Campaign Field Representative Annette Olson (Eau Claire region) at annette.nra@gmail.com/715-760-0665, and Hugh Fike (Green Bay region) at
hughfikenra@gmail.com/707-217-2014 to volunteer to assist with our mutual efforts.
We look forward to seeing you at one of our Workshops!
Yours in freedom, NRA-ILA Grassroots Division

See less See more
#58 ·
http://www.politiscoop.com/us-politics/wisconsin-politics/1375-gander-mountain-pulls-plug-on-nra-scott-walker-events.html

When Politiscoop contacted Gander Mountain in both Eau Claire and Wausau, Wisconsin, managers were quick to inform us that the company was unaware of what the focus of the meetings were when they were scheduled by the NRA. It wasn't until citizens opposing Scott Walker inundated the company with phone calls and emails, demanding they cancel the event. The managers went on to say that the company has no political view on the Scott Walker recall election and that all customers are important.

#59 ·
It wasn't until citizens opposing Scott Walker inundated the company with phone calls and emails, demanding they cancel the event.

Translation: Phone bank of union thugs from out of state and militant teachers union in Wisconsin intimidating a private business. Just as I said earlier in the thread.

#60 ·
I just sent letters to Gander headquarters, as well as submitted the same message via their website (https://secure.gandermountain.com/contact.shtml).
I will not give any more of my money to them. Their high prices (highest in the area on most things) were bad enough, but at least they were in a convenient location for me. Now it is most definitely worth my time to drive a bit to make purchases.

#64 ·
Not suprising considering they came into this market with a low price guarentee which went away as soon as their prices went up. They tried to open a ATV repair shop that went south. Then they tried to sell Stihl power equipment which was a fail. Then they brought in a big name taxidermist in house not sure why but he is now gone. Their prices are sky high and the reloading section hasn't been restocked in ages and when it is they order 10 boxes of 338 accubonds and no 6mm or 30 cal. bullets? They are the only gun store dumb enough to put more than one let alone two of the same $3,000.00 shotguns exhibition grade out for handling then not mark them down after they get beat up. The worst stocking store in the Greater Houston area does a huge remodel and puts in a real gun range plus a "virtual" gun range with toy guns to practice with that nobody carries. I can't think of much they have done right since they opened up.

#65 ·
I quit supporting Gander Mountain, Cabelas, and Scheels years ago. I will hit Scheels for reloading from time to time but I mostly frequent my LGS and a chain called Fleet Farm. MN based, flagship store in Brainaird MN, they just started carrying ARs and Handguns, their foray into handguns has gone so well that they're getting sixty new models in and they carry some sixty any damn way. The prices are great, think they have the Sig 226 for 829, and the base Sig 1911 for around the same price point, Beretta 92s are right around six, the staff is polite, they sell Carhartt brand clothing, feed, it's a man's store to the core and it doesn't bother with the pretense of impressing or attempting to attract the anti or liberal crowd. I don't mind walking through a store where you know a good percentage of the patrons are packing. Hunting, fishing, camping, milsurplus.

GM and Scheels have long in my mind become boutiques. I don't want to look at fancy bikes, exercise, tennis, or golf equipment. This recent news with GM doesn't shock me and like I said, a petition, and a boycott might help them realize exactly who they cater too.

#72 ·
LOL! No, I don't hate Walker at all-he's been great for CC issues, DOJ stuff, and has lots of GREAT ideas. However, he's a horrible politician which means he's gonna be recalled and some of that great stuff is gonna be repealed.

KISS; keep it simple stupid. (not you markbob.) If it's right, it's right, work your stuff that way. If I'm right, but go about getting things done in the wrong way of deceiving and lying, it's wrong and the consequences will follow. KISS

Is Blago holed up with your last Gov? :biglaugh: I gotta feeling Walker will be with them soon, which is too bad.

#79 ·
Got this in an email you do not have to worry about copyright issues the NRA wants this news to spread: Gander Mountain has gotten my last dollar. :mad:

CHANGE IN VENUE FOR NRA-ILA WORKSHOPS!
Host Venue Caves to Anti-gun Pressure and Cancels
Anti-gun activists bombarded Gander Mountain with bullying phone calls and emails regarding this week’s planned NRA-ILA Grassroots Workshops, urging them to cancel. Despite NRA-ILA’s long history of holding Grassroots-Election Workshops at Gander Mountains all over the country, and in Wisconsin, Gander Mountain has caved and canceled NRA-ILA’s Workshops at their Wausau location on Tuesday May 15, and their Eau Claire location on Wednesday May 16.
Despite these efforts to silence NRA-ILA and gun owners in Wisconsin, we have rescheduled these events. It is now MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER to take a stand in support of freedom and Gov. Walker by attending one of these Workshops. Show our opponents we will not be silenced!
We encourage you to join us at these new locations and prove to these anti-gun activists that gun owners in Wisconsin will not be silenced. Now more than ever it is important that you attend one of our FREE workshops and invite every NRA member that you know to attend!

In reviewing the OP a I noticed it says
"Despite NRA-ILA’s long history of holding Grassroots-Election Workshops at Gander Mountains all over the country, and in Wisconsin, Gander Mountain has caved and canceled NRA-ILA’s Workshops at their Wausau location on Tuesday May 15, and their Eau Claire location on Wednesday May 16."

Taking that at face value I don't see any deciet on the NRA's part. The ILA is clearly the political action part of NRA. They have a "long history" of meeting at Gander Mountains. And it says "Grassroots Election Workshops". I don't see how some can argue the NRA lied to Gander Mtn, or how Gander Mtn can claim they did not know what was planned. They certainly weren't meeting to support Walkers opponent and if they were that is still the other side of the same coin.
Bottom line Gander Mtn caved to pressure from anti Walker , probably union backed thugs likely from beyond Wisconsins borders. The dems and the unions are on record stating this "anti union" legislation in Wisconsin and Ohio must be stopped at all costs before it spreads to other states.

#80 ·
I would also add to those of you who seem to dislike the NRA for whatever your reasons are. And they maybe valid. But it can't be denied that the NRA is the single most effective pro 2A association in the country. And since, I'm assuming, we are all pro 2A here, maybe expressing your concerns from with in the organization would be more helpful than attacking them on public forums. That gives ammo to the anti gunners and undermines our cause.
Just my 2 cents
Good day

#84 ·
I'm not "attacking" anyone. The NRA-ILA person in that NRA seat now, lied to Gander Mt. about their intentions, Gander found out what was REALLY going on and refused the deal.

The NRA-ILA individual is THE one who has hurt our cause, AND AGAIN, this was NOT about anti-gun people pressuring a Corporation: it was about lies in a business deal.

#85 ·
In reviewing the OP a I noticed it says
"Despite NRA-ILA’s long history of holding Grassroots-Election Workshops at Gander Mountains all over the country, and in Wisconsin, Gander Mountain has caved and canceled NRA-ILA’s Workshops at their Wausau location on Tuesday May 15, and their Eau Claire location on Wednesday May 16."

That was the e-mail that went out AFTER the deceiptful deal, trying to organize the boycott.

#101 ·
Obviously the NRA is being very stealthy about the purpose of these workshops. :rolleyes:

Anti-gun activists bombarded Gander Mountain with bullying phone calls and emails regarding this week’s planned NRA-ILA Grassroots Workshops, urging them to cancel. Despite NRA-ILA’s long history of holding Grassroots- Election Workshops at Gander Mountains all over the country, and in Wisconsin, Gander Mountain has caved and canceled NRA-ILA’s Workshops at their Wausau location on Tuesday, May 15, and their Eau Claire location on Wednesday, May 16.

Here are the updated details:

Monday, May 14, 2012
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
(NO CHANGE)
Stadium View Banquet Hall & Conference Center
1963 Holmgren Way
Green Bay, WI 54304
(920) 884-3159

#105 ·
Obviously the NRA is being very stealthy about the purpose of these workshops. :rolleyes:
Huh ya, that's AFTER GM found out what they really were. It's not about anti-gun or anti-NRA, it's about the NRA not telling them the "workshops" were to basically "train" people in how to support Walker and fight the recall.

After that, who called GM and complained is hear say, but the only claim is that it was anti-Walker folks pissed off that GM was going to host the "training" sessions.

NRA-ILA is political, it's what they do.

#107 · (Edited)
They rented the room and then decided it wasn't in the best interest of their company to allow pro walker political rallies inside their stores. They have every right to do so. I am in favor of walker, but I can also understand why a company would refuse to allow political rallies with this much controversy behind them inside their business. If this was a pro gun rally as opposed to a show of support for a single person it wouldn't have been an issue.

#108 ·
They rented the room and then decided it wasn't in the best interest of their company to allow pro walker political rallies inside their stores. They have every right to do so. I am in favor of walker, but I can also understand why a company would refuse to allow political rallies with this much controversy behind them inside their business.
That is the fairest answer I've seen in this whole thread. The others have accussed the NRA of lying, trying to mislead GM as to the purpose, being tea party /Kock bros fronts etc without backing up the slander. If GM makes a business decision so be it, it does cut both ways but its their call.
thanks

#110 ·
That is the fairest answer I've seen in this whole thread. The others have accussed the NRA of lying, trying to mislead GM as to the purpose, being tea party /Kock bros fronts etc without backing up the slander. If GM makes a business decision so be it, it does cut both ways but its their call.
thanks
LOL! From offense, to defense, to condescending, to now being an unfairly treated victim.

HT brought up the Koch Brothers issue, from a different thread. Own it.

Scott Taestch (NRA-ILA) lied to Gander Mt. about what they were really doing. Own it.

Lie to and manipulate someone in a business deal, have them find out about it, and see what it gets you. A red-carpet invitation back in, to do more business? No, they will nicely tell you to get out, which is what Gander Mt. did when they got the truth. So, what "cuts both ways."?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.