1911Forum banner

Colt Combat Commander Price

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  hatidua 
#1 ·
What would a Colt combat commander be worth? It is a 45. 70 series blue with considerable wear. Condition is about 95% or so. The trigger has been change to an aftermarket adjustable one.

Thanks for your help :)

#2 ·
Value and cost depend on what part of the country you live in. What is considered a deal in one state would be over priced in another. I just purchased this 70 series combat commander for $490. No gunsmithing, it's tight, no pits, and has great potential as a build up project, internally there is very little wear.

Hope this helps.

#5 ·
rdinak said:
Value and cost depend on what part of the country you live in. What is considered a deal in one state would be over priced in another. I just purchased this 70 series combat commander for $490. No gunsmithing, it's tight, no pits, and has great potential as a build up project, internally there is very little wear. Hope this helps.
Rdinak, that looks like a real nice Commander. I'd say that the price was a steal too. I just bought a mid-1980s vintage Series 80 Commander, unfired, in about 99% condition, for $625. I've been looking for such a pistol for some time, and therefore didn't quibble about the price. I think it was fair, all things considered.

#6 · (Edited)
That looks like the base Wilson trigger and an aftermarket grip safey on that Combat Commander. It's been worked on. As long as whoever worked on it didn't cut away the frame on the feed ramp, it doesn't look like anything that couldn't be fixed - or improved on. (I hate those ugly "drop-in" grip safeties.)

#7 ·
I picked up a blue series 70 Combat*Commander about six months ago in Colorado for $500. While the bluing had been worn off a few edges, there weren't any severe scratches or rust. It just went through a lot of time at the smith getting all spiffed-up and that $500 now seems like a small amount :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.