1911Forum banner

Exec. Elite custom work done!!!

8K views 54 replies 31 participants last post by  ClickR 
#1 ·
Just received my slide back from Brown. 8 days to complete work. Excellent customer service and of course perfection when it comes to the custom work. Options: flatten and serrate top, serrate rear, jewel barrel hood. Thanks for looking.

JD

Attachments

See less See more
#38 ·
JD, you have cost me some $$$ today. I didn't have a stainless gun in house or on order but I do now. George had a new Wilson CQBelite come in last night in stainless, naked slide, ect. and now I am the proud owner. I have Alan trying to find me some wood for grips like yours and I will be in business.
Thanks for that post.

#44 ·
That's some killer work done in a short amount of time, 8 days? Thats incredible. I may have to send my Brown in for a few extra doo dads. I like the jeweled hood. I wonder if they would jewel the entire barrel and possibly the guide rod? Would that much jeweling possibly have a negative impact on performance? Anyway congrats, that's is a sweet pistol!

#45 ·
Love the Hood, Does it last?

I think you have just about every option possible. Sweet gun, couldn't be nicer looking. Have you shot it? How does that jeweled hood hold up? Does it get scratched up after running a bunch of rounds through it? I love the look of the hood and will send mine in, if Ed Brown still does this type of work. Thanks

#50 ·
Excellent work....stunning grips!

#51 ·
Thanks for the positive responses!! I took the E.E. to the range last Friday and put ~100 rds through. I really like the Heine straight 8 set up. Really fast sight acquisition. Ed Brown guns feel so amazing and smooth. I am definately addicted now. The jeweled barrel hood was unmarked after the session-perfect. I made sure there was a light coat of oil on the outside of the barrel.

JD

#52 ·
JD as I said I got a SS Wilson CQBE 9mm from George. I had Allan order me some blanks and yesterday I went to his house and had him fit 2 sets to my Wilsons. One with new speed chute and one with the old. What a great guy he is and his work was great to watch.
Thanks for posting that gun and another member on the Wilson site saying that George had a new gun on his site. Allan said you have the same problem that I have and that is a great looking set of wood needs a good home.;)

#55 ·
AMAZING... My tastes tend to run to either extreme, fully blacked out 1911 or a SS tricked out. This gun fills the bill for SS. I have a SS VBob (no Brown, YET) all factory for the moment. After seeing this, I know exactly what I want to do. Inspiring.

You will spend a life time enjoying this one.

btw - I don't see a lot of jeweled barrel hoods. I think they are the bomb and can't wait to get mine done. One question though, how well do they last given some amount of wear?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.