1911Forum banner

Exec. Elite custom work done!!!

8K views 54 replies 31 participants last post by  ClickR 
#1 ·
Just received my slide back from Brown. 8 days to complete work. Excellent customer service and of course perfection when it comes to the custom work. Options: flatten and serrate top, serrate rear, jewel barrel hood. Thanks for looking.

JD

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Man, that's a sharp looking gun!

#11 ·
Spectacular job! I'd love to have EB do mine but it's just not in the cards, I'd like an additional option thats not currently available, but maybe someday..Btw, I was even catching myself looking down into my monitor trying to get a glimpse of those grips, how silly of me...Can you please post a side view showing them? A great choice given the finish of your EB. They kinda remind me of another pair I've seen recently...

#14 ·
I waivered back and forth on having the same mods, sans the jeweling, done to my SF before I sent it out for work, but ultimately decided that it wasn't right for my gun at this time. It looks spectacular on the Executive series guns (stainless in particular, IMO) and yours is no exception..

Maybe one day I'll end up with an Executive Carry in a free state and I'll splurge on the serrations. :)

#27 ·
Nice options added. The EE I have on order will have the same top and back of slide as yours. Love that on my EE-Cent too. I thought I read that Brown has halted the Jewled Hood option - or perhaps when ordering it new only - not sure. You may be lucky to have that. (Wished they did fluted barrels - love that look)

If/when I need to have some re-finishing done I intend to add the same slide options to other pistols I have - really do like the look it brings. Not sure I absolutley agree on their functionality - but some say its a functional feature over an asthetic one.

Love the grips too - very nice looking Brown.

#30 ·
I was told it was just perfect timing to send in the barrel for the jewelling ( $100-option)....they were able to squeeze me in another larger work order. Someone asked about the grip maker....AT custom grips, type it in a search, he has a facebook page. I have ordered several sets and every time I have been extremely pleased. Thanks again for all the positive comments.
JD

#32 ·
Someone asked about the grip maker....AT custom grips, type it in a search, he has a facebook page. I have ordered several sets and every time I have been extremely pleased. Thanks again for all the positive comments.
JD
JD, thanks for the info. I took a peek and he has some beautiful pairs for sale. In fact, another awesome pair just like yours is on top! As of late, I'm up to my eyeballs in grips and 2 more pairs are being made. It still won't kill me to look, thanks again, I'll always be checking his site as it's difficult to tame the woodaholic in me :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.