1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackWater Kimber

14K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  BWOPS 
#1 ·
Came across a Kimber Custom today. It is all blacked out, The shop said it is a Blackwater Kimber one of 50 made.

The Kimber part number on the case does say it is a Blackwater ordered gun. the serrial number starts with KBW0090 for Kimber Black Water, # 9 out of 50.

Anyone know about these guns? are they colectable? any idea on a fair price?

#16 ·
#5 ·
Another Blackwater version. The "Al-Hillah". Number 35 of 199.
Al-Hillah is a city in central Iraq about 62 miles south of Baghdad.
The city was once a major center of Islamic scholarship and education.

#6 ·
Never heard of any Black water models, that Al Hilla is damn sweet. Very nice.

#7 ·
I think if an order of 50 or more is placed, they will do whatever you want.
Within reason of course.

#21 ·
45auto: The Custom Kimber you have photo's of - #35 is one of 66 that were specially by Kimber for the PSD members in Al Hillah Iraq. Kimber slotted those special Serial Numbers through ATF and did not produce any other special Kimbers for a specific site - ever!

K: Kimber
BW: Blackwater
H: Al Hillah - Babylon
then the number.

Only 66 of these special 1911 were manufactured.

Even though there are other serial numbers as in the Kimber Blackwater - they weren't made for a specific site considering Blackwater had multiple sites not only in Iraq - but also in Afghanistan.

Al Hillah was the only site these pistols were issued to. Note, that these weapons were not used in service in Iraq. BW employees were issued 9mm Glocks. These guys were all pick ed up within the US and never saw combat. None of those 1911 did.

I know all this because I' was the Ops Chief for Blackwater from 2005-2008 (Bravo Whiskey Ops - or better known as Uncle Joe) at that site and the e-mails and most of the paper work went through me from a PSD member - Sancho - who set the deal up with Kimber in the first place. I still have mine - unfired - in a safe. I still maintain the original list of PSD members who bought their pistol(s) - since some guys bought two - one to kept and one to sell.

Al Hillah Iraq and the site (REO) was like no other site in Iraq. Same can be said about the men and women who served there. It was highly unique and not everyone was suited to be there - and most didn't want to go there.

Hope this sheds light and history on the pistol being displayed by 45auto.

If you are lucky enough to have one of those 66 pistols - then I suggest you kept it.

There are other brands that did the same things as far as issuing out a Blackwater 1911 with the logo on the barrel - but no one site 0 just the company. Those other pistols aren't as rare or unique.

I can attest that Mahdi Militia still remembers the 5 teams that operated down there - as well as myself - they hated us - and we all became known as the Templars who occupied Babylon!

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.