1911Forum banner

VZ Grip Pic Thread!

1M views 1K replies 681 participants last post by  PaulWVa 
#1 · (Edited)
How about we start a thread dedicated to VZ grips? Threads have been created for other brands so I thought why not VZ? Unfortunately I cannot be the first to post pics since I have just ordered a set and haven't received them yet. Who wants to go first? :)

P.S. Could everyone who posts pictures please include the model name, color and how aggressive/grippy the texture is. Thanks!

#191 ·
I picked up a bunch of these in black, green and coyote brown off a great website called LApolicegear.com these were $7.99 each in an email they sent me, regularly $9.99 I think. The have expandable magazine loops and a separate zipped pistol compartment inside with very soft lining. However, these are made in China if that ain't yer thang. Price, durability and function sold me on em. They are definitely worth a looksee. That site also has great deals on USA made products....

#198 · (Edited)
To answer your ? I carry IWB once in a while with Operator's and Operator II's AND Aliens (mainly Aliens, on my SS TRP). Your CBOB looks like it's sportin Gatorbacks to me, like my NH GRP wayy at the top of this page, they just don't seem to have the pitches in the cuts like my Classic Custom above your pic, but I am a VZ noob, too....:)

#199 ·
Need some help with these two.. Anyone try both?

Operators Black Desert Sand G10 or Operator II Black Desert Sand G10's.

Are the Operator's that much more gripy then the Operator II? VZ website talks about replacing the Operators with a less grippy Operator II grip and sanding down the Operators if it's too grippy which has me asking how grippy is grippy?

Also, anyone have these on a matte SS gun? I have solid black rubber on my Kimber and Solid black on my Dan Wesson which against SS they stand out. Wondering if these will be washed out ?

#201 ·
I just got a pair of the desert sand operators you have pictured on the left for my AKote TRP that I just got an email from Springfield that they are shipping it out Tuesday May 8th back to my house....YESSSS! So I will most definitely have pictures of that badboy Friday maybe even Thursday night, stay tuned....story at eleven! As far as more or less grippy, I'd say the Ops are more grippy than the OpII's but I like em both, so I bought em both, problem solved. :D

#202 ·
I recently bought the Operators in black/desert sand. I was debateing between the Operators and the Operators II. I went with the Operators because VZ's website said the Operators II were more grippier that the Operators.
I didn't want them too rough. I'm kind of sorry now. The Operators don't seem rough on my hands at all.
I know this won't be my last set of VZ grips. The next set will be grippier.
Either way, they are great grips.

#204 · (Edited)
Now I'm learning how to read their descriptions..

Operators:
• TEXTURE: Aggressive

Operators II:
• TEXTURE: Very Aggressive

I have double diamond G10's on my Dan Wesson which I like. They list
• TEXTURE: Medium/ Grippy

I would have thought Aggressive = Grippy but with DD's description I don't know. Are the Operators that much more grippy then the DD's?

#207 ·
320's, ahhh, cool, Thx, Robert! They sure are pretty sweet, I thought they weren't going to be ambi cut, but not a deal breaker, had to have em when I saw em' plus they came with screws and stainless bushings, which was great since my TRS grips and screws only work together (large slotted head didn't fit into VZ screw cut-outs) I would have been bummed if I got em and couldn't have put em on. Alas, all is well in the Thunderdome, lol!