1911Forum banner

most accurate kimber 1911

14K views 41 replies 35 participants last post by  sechip 
#1 ·
wondering opinions on most accurate out the box kimber 1911

#6 ·
Well, the fact is, they aren't "all the same." If they were, you'd have to be damned foolish to buy one of the Kimber models costing over twice as much as some of its stable mates.

The Custom Shop Super Match II "should" be the most accurate. According to its official description, it comes with a "hand-fitted, oversize stainless steel barrel, guaranteed to have fired a 5-shot, 25 yard group measuring 1 inch or less center-to-center."

http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/custom-shop/super-match-ii

#10 ·
Very good point on the cost aspect IF accuracy was the only factor. I don't like when some models are almost double. But, I do understand the price jump when the model has some "add ons". My CDP for example, has carry melt, ambi safety, front strap and under the trigger checkering, and night sights. I got it with CCW in mind.

Most of the time the gun can outshoot the shooter. I suggest reading some reviews or watching some YouTube reviews and so if that might help ya out.

#11 · (Edited)
.......but also believe that most accuracy complaints can be fixed if the shooter learns how to not jerk the trigger...
And other trigger control and grip issues (all easily fixed). :biglaugh:

#8 ·
the best shooter in my bunch is a Kimber gold match ii. I have a few Kimbers to compare it with.

Peace,

BDT

#12 ·
For the money, I'd buy the Custom II or Target II...I don't think the average shooter would be displeased. They are fine shooting guns
I agree.

The Stainless Target II which I own is probably accurate enough for the skill level of all but the most accomplished shooters. That said, if I just had to have the most capable pistol in the Kimber lineup, I'd buy a Super Match II. :cool:

#13 ·
I have 3 Kimbers: Tactical Entry II, Tactical Custom HD II, and the Gold Combat RL II. They have all delivered outstanding and comparable accuracy results. For competitive range accuracy, I agree with the other suggestions on the Super Match versions. For combat accuracy, almost any full size Kimber out of the box is going to be a great choice. The rest is just add ones and preferences with finish, sights, accessory rails, etc.

#17 ·
About the only way to know is take a random sample of at least five of each and shoot them from a ransom rest with the same lot number of ammunition. Otherwise, it is just a guess. Most will out perform mere mortals.

#23 ·
Shot a match with an Ultra Carry and had touching double taps on almost every target, shooting on the move. They all shoot about the same for me. For run and gun, any pf the Kimbers work, regardless of barrel length or sight type.

Stationary target? I reeeeealy like the Super Match. I can shoot my Custom II with wonderful results at 10-15 yards, but shoot the SM best at 25 yards on the two that I am in contact with. What a great pistol the SM is!

All just personal experience...no science involved.

#32 ·
For me. In my experience? I had a series 1 Kimber Gold Match Stainless that was the most accurate 1911 I've ever owned. Period. And I have a whole safe full of multi-thousand dollar 1911s.

Now....the Kimber kept suffering parts breakages, but I'm a high-volume shooter.

Kimber's are known for their out of the box accuracy as a make. Generally.

TTR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.