1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

**The Clackamas Kimber Registry**

17K views 59 replies 27 participants last post by  thearmedrebel 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all, would anyone be interested in seeing how many of the Clackamas Rollmark 1911's are owned by 1911Forum members?

What say we each post a picture of our Clackamas Kimbers as well as their birth month and year and a partial Serial# for reference.

If the birth date is not known, I'm sure some of the gurus in here might be able to help fill in some of the blanks.

Here is my one and only... born February 1997 Serial # 67XX. :rock:

See less See more
#11 ·
This is up to the beholder... in my case it's nostalgia. I grew up in Clackamas, Oregon...I've rafted, canoed, swam, fished, and rockhounded the Clackamas River my whole life...so when I found out that there were early Kimber 1911's with a rollmark that said Clackamas, I had to have one even though it wasn't actually built out here.

That being said, every time I go out to the river I pass the location of their old rifle plant.

Additionally, these are all pre-Schwartz guns...to some that makes a difference.

#17 ·
Beautiful Clack!

And it makes me wonder... if yours is 51xx with the thin Kimber logo.. and mine is 67xx with the thicker Kimber logo...when did this change?

My DOB was 2/97 so yours had to be 1996 some time I'd think.

Ok, here's my Clack. SN K0051XX.
-1911Collector

#29 ·
No, the date would be on a label on the outside of the box. If you have a Clackamas marked Kimber, post the first two numbers of the s/n and someone might be able to get put it to a date.

If you have a Yonkers Kimber, you will need to call Kimber to get a date of birth.

#49 ·
O.K. I joined this forum today after I found it by chance while looking for info on Kimbers and wanted to confess to holding one Clackamas Kimber in my safe. I bought it in 96' and it started a long love affair with all things 1911. Below is a pic of my first semi-auto: Kimber K0031XX born 09-1996

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.