1911Forum banner

"Offical" SR1911 Pic Thread

431K views 729 replies 376 participants last post by  KC_JOE 
#1 ·
Well, someone mentioned having an "official" SR1911 pic thread and I got to thinking it would be a nice idea to keep a running look at the pistol and what others are doing to it. So, here are a few pics of the first on that came in here to be reviewed and customized. Since that time a number have crossed the bench here and it has always been a pleasure.

I look forward to seeing what you guys are doing with them and will post pics here from time to time also with Rugers that are modified here. And perhaps it will even get stuck over time. ;-)

Respectfully,

See less See more
#46 ·
Adding mine to the roster

Only two exterior mods: tighter barrel bushing and slide release.

All of the internal frame parts have been replaced.

Walnut burl grips.

#52 ·
love the zombie ammo. Awhile back a friend of mine made me a case for them. its pretty cool, it's a wood box with a glass front, and one of those little brass hammers on a chain. the glass reads - in case of apocalypse, break glass. it's hanging on my wall next to the reloading bench.

#56 ·
we're debating making a up a number and selling them. silkscreening the glass is the spendy part tho. having a template cut and spray painting them might be cheaper, but it's like $90 for the darn template. Unfortunatley, we'd have to sell them at $25 a pop to actually make it worth the labor. doubtful we'd get many takers at that price.

There's a local vinyl applique company that will make stick on's for reasonable prices, but I think the screened image looks the best.

#61 ·
Nice Pict

Nice looking picture! Good composition / lighting... and of course, excellent subject :rock:

John M. Browning really did create a lasting masterpiece. I am proud of this, my 1st 1911 as much as any before it. Somehow I don't think this will be my last ;)

#63 ·
I can see my wallet getting thinner over at VZ Grips in the very near future. You guys are sharing some impressive pics and those Rugers are looking great. And I thought my SR1911 with Hogues and stainless screws was sharp. Dang!

#66 ·
LD Grip Prices?

How much do his grips run (ball park)? I missed the 20% off at VZ however they tell me that this offer is coming up again soon.