1911Forum banner

C-D M5 Ultra-X 9mm - forever out of stock???

6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  remat457 
#1 ·
I stopped into a local gun shop last week to see about buying a couple Charles Daly pistols. One gun I'd like to try is the compact poly framed M5 Ultra X high capacity 1911 style pistol. I am very attracted to the 9mm version of this gun. So the dealer was going to talk to several wholesalers and order the gun for me, he even showed me an advertisement from a wholesaler who pictured the gun, with the dealer price.

I left the shop happy thinking I'd have my new M5 Ultra X this week.

WRONG.

When I stopped in today to pick up my new Charles Daly Hi-Power (nice gun/great price!!!), the owner of the shop was behind the counter. He said he can't find anyone who has the M5 Ultra X in stock. While I was at the shop he called 3 distributors, all gave him the same answers. Sure we list the M5 Ultra X in our catalog but good luck finding one, especially a 9mm. One distributor suggested the guns were a year away?

So does anyone know the real story? I found this old post, dated from mid-January saying these guns are actually in stock. Does my dealer simply deal with the wrong distributors?
The Charles Daly/Bul M-5 Ultra-X is finally in stock. If your dealer has any difficulty in finding one have him give us a call at 866-DalyGun and we will direct him towards a wholesaler that has them.
Are the M5 Ultra X pistols available only in 45acp despite being listed as available in 9mm too?

See less See more
#2 ·
Just an update, and I have to suggest that I cannot provide any official word. But a little birdie suggests that the ATF has not yet cleared the 9mm version of this gun. It is hopeful that the ATF will approve the 9mm version of the M-5 Ultra-X in the next month or so!?!

I'd really like to get my hands on one of these in 9mm. It would be a practical carry gun, and also will be a fun gun to compare to the other sub-Officer size pistols.

In fact I'd love to do a detailed write-up comparing it to my Para 45acp Warthog, Para 9mm Carry 9, and some of my Detonics mini-sized Combat Masters (in 9mm, 38 Super, and 45) just to see how they all handle. The M-5 Ultra-X is the newest design, the Detonics Combat Master is the first mini-1911 commercially produced and was originally produced in the 1970's so I'd think there may be some evolutionary changes that would be worthy of comparing. Obviously the polymer frame and double stack column are going to be different than the Combat Masters, but the double stack will probably 'feel' similar to a Warthog. Things like felt recoil, overall weight, size, etc would be interesting to see.

#9 · (Edited)
The BUL M5 Ultra X Compact is the finest concealed carry (stateside of course) handgun that I have used; although I do like my Glocks and my HK's... the BUL is by far the best. And the support is outstanding; I am having a problem with rounds jamming (and that is why I am not carrying it) and Charles Daley asked me to bring it or send it in for repair at no charge - even though it was not purchased from them (I can't seem to get service from my distributor - despite several emails they really suck up here in Canada). We are planning another trip down to family stateside and are going to take a sidetrack through Harrisburg PA to drop it off and hopefully pick it up on the way back home.

You will most definitely not be disappointed with the Bul M5 Ultra X Compact as it is outstanding. My problem, I am sure, has to do with the length of the barrel that is required to make the gun legal north of the 49th. where I am presently living (the barrel must be approx. 4.25" or the gun becomes evil). Different barrel length is likely the cause of my issue, but even so I can hardly wait to run a few hundred rounds through the M5 Ultra X Compact without a glitch so that I am 100 percent comfortable carrying it for self protection (which, BTW, we cannot do north of the 49th.).

I have no idea why the delay in getting these fine firearms but they are definitely worth the wait. In the meantime, I use my Glock 30 and 26 while stateside for CC and target shooting north of the 49th.

Stay safe.

#4 ·
Joe D: We know what you want. You have no idea how difficult it is to get export licenses from Israel and then to coordinate production to match the licenses. If everything is not perfect then nothing happens. Unfortunately we have had such issues with the .40S&W and the 9mm that it has taken years for some things to happen.

Having said that, we will have .40's and 9mm's in less than 2 months. I was in Israel 2X in the last 4 months and I am going again in 2 weeks. We will get this right and we will get these guns. No one could be more frustrated with this state of affairs than we are. No shipments means no profit for us.

#6 ·
Joe, The .40's will have a standard bushing barrel.

Believe me, I am well aware of the promises that have been made over the past few years. It is embarassing how we have been unable to deliver these guns. However, I am sure we have finally gotten our's and Bul's paperwork issues resolved and that we will finally get them into the US. I am going back to Israel again in a few weeks to insure this will happen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.