1911Forum banner

Tripp Mags not working in my Wilson??

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dockoff 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue?In my Wilson CQB compact I have tried my new 6 Cobra mags, and only one will drop free. My wilson mags all drop free from this it. All of the mags work perfectly in my springer TRP? I'm not going to lie, I don't like having to be sure I'm using the right 1911 mag in my 1911's! Is anyone else having similar issues?

Thanks

#2 ·
I switched to all Wilson Mags about a year ago,

So I cant tell you if my Wilson has any problems with other mags. I use 47Ds and ETMs only and they work perfect.

My only guess would be that the mag body or mag catch slot is slightly either out of spec or warped, resulting in the mag binding up in the frame. Wilson being a fine tuned pistol will have less tollerance for such things then your TRP (also a nice gun).

Just my 2cent
-Eric

#5 ·
I suggest that you remove your slide and watch from the top as a magazine is inserted. The interacting part should become apparent. The trigger-bow can be touching the magazine or a defect on the mag catch may be identified this way. The fix is then very easy once you see it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.