1911Forum banner

More than one carry gun?

8K views 50 replies 47 participants last post by  VanguardMP 
#1 ·
Do you have more than one carry gun?

I'm not asking if you have a back up gun. Rather, do you carry one gun one day and another on some other day? Or, what do you do if you have to send your main gun off for repair?

#30 ·
I carry my xd mostly and sometimes my SA RO when I wear heavier clothing this is only til I can figure out how to conceal carry my 870. Seriously though I prefer to carry one gun consistantly just because I know my capabilities with it that's why I prefer my xd but I love carrying my RO so sometimes I make exceptions and besides I am really comfortable with that one as well I just have more rounds through my xd.

#31 ·
I've got many a 1911 for concealed carry, many hi powers and Kareen clones, 3 FN 5-7's, quite a few Beretta 92's and varients, a couple G19's.

I've been seriously considering getting me a Sig 226 to check it out and see how it handles.

#33 ·
I alternate between my Wiley Clapp Commander, 1991 Commander and TALO New Agent.

The Wiley Clapp is my go to carry gun.

The 1991 Commander is becoming my church gun. Mainly because it has the white Esmeralda grips on it. The funny thing is that I don't dress any differently to go to church than I do for anything else. I guess I just don't like seeing the gun left in the safe all of the time.

The New Agent gets carried on the rare occasion that the Commander frame is too long to conceal with what I'm wearing.

#35 ·
Depending on the clothing, time of year and mood.

Carry weapons:

-Kimber Heritage gov't 1911 (no Swartz safety).

-Springfield SS Loaded (older model with staked frnt sight, no ambi or ILS safety).

-Sig P-220 (internal extractor, folded slide).

-Gen 3 Glock 36.

-Gen 3 Glock 19.

My other pistols are used for range fun or safe queens.

#36 ·
I have several different carry guns depending on what I'm wearing, and the weather. They include a Sig P220 45 ACP, Sig P229 in 40S&W or 9mm, Kimber Ultra Carry II 45 ACP, Beretta 86 380 ACP, and once it gets broken in I'll be carrying my Taurus PT1911 45 ACP.

#37 ·
It's mostly about whim for me. Last rough count was 26 hand guns (I might have missed a couple). Most, at one time or another have wound up on my hip or in my pocket. The most likely to be on my person are Colt Combat Commander, Dan Wesson Vbob or Kimber Eclipse Ultra. Lately, my Ruger LCP has supplanted my Ruger LCR as a backup.

#38 · (Edited)
I carry all of my pistols.

I carry my STI 3" 1911, G19, or SW638 concealed, depending on what Im wearing or doing (driving, walking, t-shirt, jacket, etc).
I have an IWB for my fullsize 1911, but I don't like to carry it concealed anymore (uncomfortable)
I'll carry my SW 686+ 2.5" OWB when im hunting or hiking since it has the brushed finish and doesnt show scratches as much.

When I buy pistols, it's with a purpose in mind.

#39 ·
Some days a fullsize Wilson, some days a 4' Kimber. Always a 1911, usually carry a revo BUG when I carry the Kimber

#44 ·
HK 45c or Kimber Pro Carry HD II .38 Super. I prefer the super as it's easier on my aging wrists but the HK just works every time. I load both with Glaser's and leave it at that.

#45 ·
I plan to eventually but I've got train as you fight pounded into my head and intimidated im as consistent with more than one weapon I only carry my compact 1911. When I bring multiple pistols to the range, for example my compact kimber and my xdm, I cant achieve accuracy when I change pistols.

I am thinking its my grip. I've only got a couple thousand rounds of pistol ammo fired so until I get more practice ill stick to one.

Im thin so its hard for me to conceal anything. I've tried quite a variety and the xdm line is a favorite. I like revolvers so may persue that.

I plan on a j frame or something but need to do more research.

#47 ·
Absolutely more than one. If I am going to be in the city all day will have Pro CDP concealed. Out hunting will have my Sig P6, not worried about dings, wear or losing a $250 gun; although would hate to. If i am headed to the local shooting spot my be a full size 1911 in open carry.

#49 ·
There are multiple firearms in my primary carry rotation, all 1911's and revolvers. It all depends on the day and what im feeling that day.

#50 ·
Using different carry guns

I have numerous guns I use for self defense concealed carry. I try to use the KISS principle, so I keep the same style 1911 platform, and wear the same holster style, which is OWB and behind my strong side hip bone.

I select my clothing for the gun of choice for that day. Since I provide security for a part time job, I might carry a full size STI 2011 in .40 S&W, or a .38 super single stack carry comp. Sometimes I will opt for my Para P-14.

When the weather is extremely hot, I might carry a small 9mm, and my all steel 3" Firestar M-43 is very accurate and allows fast follow up shots in a small package.

For deep concealment, I might place my Kel Tec PF-9 in a pocket holster in my strong hand front pocket. This is the only non-1911 I carry, but it is simply a gun you pull out of your pocket and fire DAO....nothing hard to figure out about that.

#51 ·
Yes, I carry different guns for different reasons or depending on how I feel too. Lately the G26 or G19. I also carry a G23, G27, Kimber Pro Carry II .45, Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II .45, SIG P228, SIG 220 Carry .45, Kahr PM9, Ruger LCP .380, S&W 642 .38 SPL, sometimes a NAA .32 ACP, and also on occassion a SIG P229 .40 cal.

I'll go through periods where I stick to one or two regliously. It also depends on where I'm headed that day, my dress for that day, and the time of season. I do tend to stick to a platform or two, such as the Glock, SIG, or Kimber. Usually the Ruger, Kahr, NAA or S&W 642 are only carried as a BUG. I do safely draw the weapon several times and check them for function and load prior to departing, especially if I haven't carried it that day or for several days.

VMP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.