1911Forum banner

Here's to the new folks

3K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Kokopelli 
#1 ·
Well just to kick it off; I'd like to say Hi and welcome to all the new folks here.

This is a great site with nice folks; they even put up with a couple of old grouchy guys; Kurmudgon and me.

:)

#9 ·
Ditto to what the two "old guys" have already said. Ask lots of questions and don't let some of these old billy goats put you off. :biglaugh:

There is no such thing as a stupid question IMHO. :)

Fin
But they surely let you know if you asked one! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Seriously guys and gals, ask away.

And don't be offended if some reminds you to use the search function. It is a very handy tool and is often faster then waiting for responses.

#4 · (Edited)
Well, I'm an old fart who hasn't messed with handguns since I was in the Air Force (back in '66-'70). That's where I first got to fire a Model 1911; it was the sidearm of the range master, and I loved it.

Now that I'm old & slow, I figure I ought to learn a little more about the weapon so I'll have a better idea of which is the best model to acquire.

#5 ·
The welcoming I have gotten here and the knowledge that runs through it's threads is nothing less than fantastic! I can't leave each morning without seeing new posts. I've been shooting for almost 45 years now, and this newbie sure would like to have some range time with all you "Grouchy Old Billy Goats" :biglaugh:

And of coarse, WELCOME to Hipshot12, to the best forum on the Net.

#6 ·
Hi, new user here and while not new to owning a 1911 I am new to understanding it. I have been getting tons of good information from the good people on this board. Several have even offered to do some refinishing of small parts for me. Its been great. I think I already got myself in trouble once cause I finally figured out how to post a picture in the body of my message. I was so proud that I figured it out...and proud of the weapon I have been working on that I posted it.....in the wrong place evidently. It has since been relocated to the Colt forum.

Now for my dumb question: Has this section of the forum always existed? I swear I looked all over for where to introduce myself and I couldn't find it and I thought that was a bit odd that there seemed to be no such place. Since there are only a couple threads here I am assuming it is new and I'm not completely blind.

This forum is great!

#7 · (Edited)
Hi,
Thanks for the red carpet welcome!! New member but I've been reading this forum for about a year & am amazed at the wealth of knowledge here! You all have been answering my questions without asking most times. I'm new to 1911's but not to guns, so my newbie questions have all been asked & answered many times over.:) Anyway, great place, great community, happy to be here. Oh, by the way, in my experience grouchy old farts have all the knowledge.....:biglaugh:

#10 ·
Welcome

I love this place when i was a neewby,they helped me out a great deal.:biglaugh:they spanked me for not thinking the ?s out and my writing, but
thats ok:biglaugh:i had to learn. and learn I have thanks to the old timers,mods, and the very great people here wouldn't trad this place for the world. Thanks guys.:rock:And to the new guys welcome take your beatins:biglaugh:learn and enjoy:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.