1911Forum banner

Automatic knife picture thread

19K views 63 replies 34 participants last post by  youngAR 
#1 ·
Anyone else like auto's? Here's a pic of some Benchmades from my knife drawer. I no longer have the bottom Infidel.

See less See more
#39 ·
This one is my favorite auto. A standard issue Severtech with a black coated tanto blade. Built like a tank and fires like a rocket. I don't normally like tanto's or black coated blades (even though I do have a few of each) so after looking around I contacted Brad Southard and asked him to do a regrind similar to a Severtech Spartan only without the serrations. He reprofiled the blade and removed all the black coating, all of it. The finished product was much better than I thought it would be. Brad's a true craftsman and a pleasure to do business with. Here's some pics...

Before

After

#45 ·
I like the Gerber and the Kershaw but they would not be my first choice in an auto. My first choice would have to be the Benchmade 9050 probably due to the fact that I have used and carried one a lot longer than the others.

Now there is nothing at all wrong with the Gerber or Kershaw I just prefer the handling characteristics of the Benchmade over them.

#57 ·
I have a soft spot for Old School blades. Here's my collection of Italian switchblades with natural scales, no synthetics here. They are either Stag, Honey horn or black Buffalo horn.

From left to right;
top row, ProTech Godfather with Ivory Micarta, Damascus Protech Godfather with Ivory, 13" Honey horn, Boker with white bone.

middle row; all with rare Kris blades
13" black buffalo horn, 15" Honey horn, 9" 11" 13" Stags, 15" black buffalo horn, 13" Honey horn.

bottom row;
rear, 18" Stag, Honey horn and black buffalo horn. All with bayo blades.
left front, 13" Stag, Honey horn and black buffalo horn. All with dagger blades.
right front, 13" Stag, Honey horn and black buffalo horn. All with bayo blades.

a little better view.

#62 ·
In MA you can own them, you just can't carry them. Basically, they stay in the house as letter openers and novelties. Another part of the law states you can't manufacture them or offer them for sale. So, it's legal to buy it and figure out a way to get it home without it being on your person or in your vehicle. Aren't MA laws fun?!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.