1911Forum banner

Solo- impressed

797 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  RH45 
#1 ·
I bought a Solo Carry at a retail gunshop that had been fired 12 times . I figured that the $650.00 price tag was reasonable, so I decided to give it a try, even though I might be buying someone elses troubles. Shot it today with 115, 124 and 147 grain bullets and it was flawless. Fun to shoot and strong hand rapid fire at 7 yards...perhaps 3" groups with a flash sight picture. About 125 rounds fired and no failures of any kind. I am very satisfied.

Also had a no-lock 340 PD shooting 7.9 gr. of 231- wow! Thinking more like 7.3 gr. for the next batch. 1275 f.p.s. from a 2" barrel and cratered primers- no bullet jump, though.

All in all, two great carry guns...but not in Illinois. Not ever in Illinois :barf:.

#2 ·
Congrats to you and yours,

Mine continues to amaze me! never a failure.
Mine is an early one, I was seeing some peening at the locking lugs in the slide, called Kimber they sent me a tag. Two weeks later she was back with a new slide, barrel and recoil assembly. Has shot everything I put in her. before and after...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.