1911Forum banner

Sig Saur Commander 1911 with accessory rail

9K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  bhappycattle 
#1 ·
I have seen 1 Sig 1911 and it didn't look right. Now I see this one that isn't on Sigs website.

This is an outstanding looking pistol. Are there any Sig fans here?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm a Sig fan, I own two (not 1911's though), and one of those I carry daily. I know a few guys who have the Sig 1911's and both enjoy theirs very much. One of them also carries his on SWAT call outs. I know the lower serial numbers are typically not to the quality of the higher (newer) guns.

#3 ·
It looked pretty right to me when I was shown one in Stainless!.... I liked it so much I bought it....after shooting it... I liked it so much I bought another when I found it.. They are both GREAT shooters!

They came w/ 3, 8 round magazines. Polished ramp and barrel throat. Trigger is about 4#. Three dot night sights. I switched the grips, I like the black on black, cammo on stainless. The grip safety is a style similer to STI. No "manhole". No "Revolution". They are not shown on Sig website, they are not in catologue.. I called Sig...yes they made them...no they could not say why..or how many... no they won't be making them production pieces..

#6 ·
Agreed. There's a couple of guys here that have one as you can see. Not even Sig knows anything about them. (a few have contacted SIG). If you can, I'd grab it, they're definitely some sort of limited run(so far). BTW I have a SIG GSR Compact and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

#14 ·
Funny, but I agree with you about the rail...I totally dismissed idea of purchase when it was first shown to me.. My exact word were...."yeah...its nice , but I'm not into rail guns".. I do like "Custom" pistols, so I took a second look. I like the bump grip safety, all my 1911's have similer.. and I like consistant grip. The rail is mostly just about heft for me.. these are house guns.. not carry for me personally, so a light might be considered by some.
I have two "special" Kimber CDP's, and also a CZ PCR that I use as carry.
The Sigs are both stainless slide and frame (even the Nitron one) and both weigh in at 39 oz. w/ empty mag. Ok for duty pistols, but too heavy for concealed carry. I guess its the quality of detail, trigger and accuracy that I like with these. Its nice having something special.

#19 ·
i just bought one on gunbroker lightly used for $800!!!!
im SO stoked :) i know you guys said a rail on a commander defeats the purpose of carry and i agree. BUT for me its perfect because i have sold ALL my guns to help out with my mother inlaws cancer... so to me... this is the perfect balance if you are to have only one gun pistol. rail for the light at home. and slightly smaller for carry :) even better... i think im going to have it bobtailed... maybe kote the frame OD green :) what do you guys think? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.