1911Forum banner

Rz10 start shipping when???

6K views 44 replies 12 participants last post by  Coltitis 
#1 ·
I am really wanting to get an RZ10 when they come out. My LGS said they have a couple expected to come in when ever they start to ship. Just don't know when that is.

Anyone have any info?

#2 ·
i would not hold my breath dan wesson aka cz usa seems constantly slow getting guns to market,they show them off at shot then make us wait.:bawling:

truthfully i think they are at the mercy of the coating companies and other sub contractors and they only build what they have parts for.
my eco i have on order is slated for late april early may but i'll be happy if i'm shooting it on the 4th of july.

pete

#3 ·
Back in January, I was told by the company I pre-ordered one from that the earliest they expect the 2012 RZ-10's to ship is late March.

they are at the mercy of the coating companies and other sub contractors
Exactly. There was word that they might be having issues with getting parts from their supplier(s) on time. So, late March is only a tentative ETA.

#8 · (Edited)
Thanks, RocketGuy. Hopefully the info you were given is accurate.

#9 · (Edited)
There's a 2012 RZ-10 on gunbroker. I take that as a pretty good sign that we'll be receiving ours in the not-too-distant future.

#11 ·
How do you know it's an '09 model?

#13 · (Edited)
Hmmm... interesting, considering the item description. Item condition is listed as "Factory New", when, if it is in fact a '09 model, it should be listed as "New Old Stock".

#14 ·
I waited and waited for the new ones but instead just bought a nice used pre-CZ RZ-10. I don't know how the pre-CZ's stack up to post CZ production, as this is my first DW. I'm pretty unknowledgable about the brand as a whole. I have heard that DW has good customer service, so I bought with confidence knowing that they could help me if I ran into issues. I saved a little cash and it's a nice shooter, not to mention a heafty gun. Tank-like come to mind.

My only issue now would be the temptation of finding a good deal on a new production one. Then I would have to compare...

#15 ·
#17 ·
#18 ·
I'm still waiting for my RZ-10. Anyone else heard anything yet?

#22 ·
The owner of my LGS told me that only 50 RZ-10's are gonna be produced. Not sure if this is true
I was told the same thing by the CZ-USA representative when I called them in late December. Hence why many of us here have pre-ordered them.

#24 ·
Good news. I suspect that since your LGS is in the same city as CZ-USA, they will be getting them before most of the other LGS's that have them on order. Hopefully this means that the rest of us will have our RZ-10's before the month is out.

#27 ·
Please, please, please let me receive my RZ-10 before Memorial Day weekend. I'm going to be camping at a friend's place in rural Connecticut the whole weekend and it will be a great opportunity to put rounds through it.

#30 · (Edited)
I got mine last monday.It is very good looking and I shot some good groups with it.One 5 shot group went 1 inch,with most 7 shot groups going 1 and a half to 2 inch at 25 yards.It ran well with no hickups.Ejection was at 4 o-clock and around 9 to 15 feet depending on load.The only thing that was not so good was that the slide got a few small scuff marks on the left side from the dustcover rubbing it.My rz-10's frame rails are 5 thou less wide than my kimber 45acp.There is some play in it and that might be the cause for the scuffs.I just put a wilson full length rod and 22 lb spring in it and that tightened up the slight rattle it had.I think it will run just as well with the wilson stuff,my colt combat delta did.Other than the scuff marks its very impressive and I like it a lot.It is more accurate than the old colt delta that got sold to a collector.I think the wilson FL rod and spring will stop the scuffing issue.I hope so anyways,it's too pretty a pistol to look scarred up.I'll try to get up some pictures this weekend if possible.

#32 ·
I hope its not a blem.I had to come up with over 1400 bucks to purchase it.The serial number is less then #9.It starts with a r and ends with a cz.I don't know if its OK to say what the # is on the net.I've read that some say not to do it.Maybe Keith or someone at CZ can tell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.