1911Forum banner

Purchased a 1911 National Match

10K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  stevenorlando 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I just purchased an SA 1911 National Match.

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

Anyone who owns one, I would appreciate anything, comments, tips, etc.

Steve

#7 · (Edited)
I think it looks like one of the mid-late eighties models from SA Inc. These were sold as the Standard model. A pre-cursor to the GI and Mil-Spec models we see today. I can almost make out what appears to be the SA logo to the left of the ejection port, but then again it could just be a smudge on my screen.;)

ETA: I can definately see Springfield Armory / Geneseo, IL USA.

#13 ·
There are two lines in the SN area of the frame. Looks like a modern SA pistol.

Millett sights didn't exist when the military SA built its match guns. The front sight looks okay like the military unit, but the rear definitely isn't. I agree, its probably a Mil Spec with the "NM XXXXX" serial number

#15 ·
Interesting. Can you click a profile pic of the SN side of the pistol a little closer?

#16 ·
Steve,
Either way, it should still make a FINE pistol. It appears to have only had a few small parts replaced, so SA should still warranty any problems unrelated to the new parts. My old Standard model came in basically the same shape...had the sights, trigger and a couple of other parts changed out. In fact, my sights looked very similar to yours. I have since added the YB Retro rear and am currently working to modify the front sight. Swapped the arched MSH for a flat, checkered one and changed out the grips. Here's the before/after although I'm not sure I'm done yet.

#18 ·
MSH=Mainspring Housing

Couldn't say about the skeltonized triggers. I have two or three types and really don't have a preference one way or the other. Most of the newer triggers have the overtravel adjustment screw which does help get rid of the slack in your trigger.

#22 ·
It means the finish machining and fitting of parts (that all come from Imbel in Brazil) was done in Geneseo Illinois. N prefix serials and WW serials are forged, machined and assembled in Brazil. That's all it means...it does not signify National Match.
Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.