1911Forum banner

My Custom Norinco 1911 A1

8K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  Shinobi'sZ 
#1 ·
Just sharing my recently finished custom Norc 1911 A1

Thanks for viewing =)

See less See more
#2 ·
That looks really good, I've always been impressed with the Norincos....a friend of mine had one and it shot really nice.

#13 ·
Nick: You must be from Canada because we never got any Norincos Sports like yours in the US. We only the 1911A1 full size and the "compact" 1911A1. Very nicely done! How do you like that hammer? It looks like a STI model. I was thinking of adding one to a project I got and would be interested in your thoughts on it.

#14 ·
Nice looking norc. These are great platforms for doing builds if you can find one unmolested thats cheap/affordable.

#21 ·
thanks everyone for the compliments. My smith had a hard time refinishing and refitting this unit because of the steel grade Norinco uses with it's 1911 pistols. Had to wait a couple of months for him to finish this project. But it's well worth the wait.:)

Here's my other Norc. It's a Commander

#22 ·
Nice! I have what was imported in the States called the "compact" 1911A1 as well as a few 1911A1's. The steel the frames are made of is some serious stuff. I smoothed out the inside of the dust cover on one gun for almost a hour trying to get the machining marks out and stop the marking up the slide. I wish we could get some of the Norinco's you guys have access to. I need a 9 mm 1911 they make to make a complete collecton.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.