1911Forum banner

Pics of my new patrol unit!!

13K views 41 replies 36 participants last post by  bwx300 
#1 ·
Ok guys,

Took a couple of pics with a decent camera yesterday.

Please excuse my disgusting 32 but MSPaint sanitizing of the city name and logo, my laptop took a ****, so I am using my 10 year old desktop.

These things are great compared to a CVPI. I would still prefer a car of some type (Charger or Caprice), but all the extra room is nice, and I won't complain about getting new rides period. They replaced our whole fleet with these...

Hard to catch all the lights on without a tripod....

––Tim

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice, I have a suburban and love it.

#6 ·
Ok guys,

Please excuse my disgusting 32 but MSPaint sanitizing of the city name and logo....

Hard to catch all the lights on without a tripod....

––Tim

Tim,

I'm glad that I went back and read your above quote after I got over being mesmerized by your way-cool ride.

It looks like you work for the Gazebo Police. :D

#7 ·
Nice! Mine is a slicktop white Expedition, I'd much prefer a black Tahoe though! Our graphics are very generic looking, but my chief designed them some years ago and any talk of "changing" them is met with stiff resistance. :rofl:

I don't have any recent pics of it, but here's one from a couple months ago. Having a take home car is great...not having space for it in the garage ain't so great! :rofl:

At least I didn't have to blur the graphics! Thanks Ma Nature! :D

#8 ·
Smitty...That's a sharp looking Unit..stay safe.

Front Range, That snow encrusted Expy reminded me of one of our K-9 guys that ran away from home...He wound up in central Montana, West of Billings. He got on a small, small dept and told me one night he came out of the station and his Patrol car would'nt move. Wheel was frozen solid....Another night he responded to a ONA from MHP...by the time he got there, over an hour away, it was all over, and he got time off for leaving the town un-protected. He ran off with a waitress from the truck stop out on 90. :D

#10 ·
Nice ride. Love the stealth black Chevy's.

I'm waiting for a new unmarked. I'm kind of a Chevy guy, but a 4x4 Tahoe was a little outside our budget range. So we're going to try the Ford Utility AWD, Looks pretty interesting so far. Basically a souped up Explorer, but it's got more room than my Impala.

#11 ·
Sweet! I was in line to be issued a Tahoe, but my supervisor who was transferring out at the time told HQ I didn't want it and they gave it to someone else! If he was still around I'd kick his ass for that! He also had a Charger for me a few years ago that he let the Captain reassign to a different area as well. Captain had good reasons, but my supervisor didn't even TRY to go to bat for me!!! Enjoy your new ride - I'm retired now and riding my new Harley!!!

#21 · (Edited)
I love our Tahoes and so does my back... No slicktops for us though. Once you learn to drive em they are surprisingly quick and nimble for a big SUV. A few of our newer Tahoes even have LPR's (license plate readers). We have our issued AR, less-lethal 870, lethal 870, and even hard mounted printer's up front. You are gonna fall more and more in love with it the more you drive it. We have had very few problems with ours compared to the Crown Vics they replaced. We have a total of 13 front line and a K-9 unit, 2 of them are a few years old and still front line even with 100k+ miles on them.

Not as bad as you would think, but definitely not as good as a Crown Vic. I burn about 1/2 tank per 12 hour shift if we are steady. I have burned almost a full tank in a 12 hour shift a couple times, but we were slammed all night long...

#19 ·
Smitty...is that an AR rack overhead???

if so.....which one did you go with?

I am fighting with Admin to put ARs up front instead of the trunk. We just bought 2 Tahoes and more are coming.

if you could snap a pic....that would be great!!! if its a 12 gauge....no need to follow up.

thanks in advance

#25 ·
Good looking ride although I too would prefer a red light next to each blue one. You've had it for a while by now, what kind of miles are on the clock and how is it holding up e.g. its durability? Hope it's still as good as new.

We had our share of Fords, Chevys and Dodges over my 30 year span. The Fords held up the best followed by the Dodges and then the Chevys. Seems like the Chevy seats broke down twice as soon as the others but it was amazing that any cars held up when run 24/7. The Fords seemed to be the preferred cars with those who had to drive them except for the Fairmonts with in-line 6 cyl. engines. Powered by propane. Couldn't get out of its own way.

We had 4-door Dodge K-cars too. They were a lot quicker than the Fairmonts & when your briefcase or other non-secured equipment went flying, it was within easy reach. Tough to get a hand-cuffed suspect in the backseat though. . . . .:rofl:

#27 ·
We have this same setup in my town. The day they got them i saw one clocking speed up the road from my house, so i put the pedal to the foor and punched past it at 40 in a 30. When i got yanked and he asked why i had taken off when i saw him i replied "to be honest it was just an excuse to see your new unit all light up" I got no ticket but i believe i made his day haha sure did look gorgeous with so many blue wheelin's going at once :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.