1911Forum banner

Arched mainspring housing

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  stevep 
#1 ·
How many of you use an Arched MSH? I just put an Ed Brown on my new Springfield Black SS Combat, i really like the way it fills your hand over a flat MSH. Might have to put one on my S&W 1911.

See less See more
#7 ·
Why????

I used to shoot bullseye longer ago than I like to think about. While I have no perferance as to feel. While in the army, and shooting an endless amount of ammo, I found that a flat msh added points to my scores.
I sometimes helped out the armmorer and we constantly changed msh to suite different shooters. There is a difference in accurecy for different people. We found a about 8 to 1 in favor of flat msh. Dont get me wrong some shot better with arched. We had plenty if both on hand.

#12 ·
I switched out the flat msh with the S&A arched with mag well a while back on my TRP Professional. I prefer the arched over the flat. I also like the way it fills the gap in my hand. The S&A is a quality unit.

#14 · (Edited)
Chickenman, thats a Pearce finger groove just slips on under your factory panels. I get mine at Midwayusa Part no. 799381 8.99 i have them on all my 1911's great for big hands and i like the grip with finger grooves. they last forever i have one 8yrs old still no wear on my carry gun.

#15 ·
Ylomagna94, is that a smith alexander magwell? That looks really nice i want one, also where did those black Springfield Armory grips come from i like those, fine looking gun you have there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.