1911Forum banner

cz 97bd

15K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  twarfield 
#1 ·
Anyone have a good review on the cz 97bd? I got the 75 about 3 months ago and really like it but I want to get a .45 caliber.

#2 ·
My only experience is handling them at gun shows and gun stores. My general impression is that they are a much larger pistol than the CZ75 (which they are), enough to where I always end up saying "wow that's big". I own a S&W 4506 (which is a whopper) and the CZ97 feels bigger than the 4506 to me.

The EAA Witness pistols use a frame that is between size the of the CZ75 and the CZ97.

#3 ·
Ditto, the damn gun is massive which makes it double as a club should it actually go down. You're right though JTQ, it does feel chunkier and more monstrous than a 4506 which is saying a lot.

If you want something lighter in a CZ format I suggest the Baby Eagle in .45 ACP and the EAA Witness also in .45 ACP, both can be found used for a fair price.

#4 · (Edited)
I had a chance to extensively fondle one in an LGS around 2003 and like what everyone said, it is big and heavy. But it does give an aura of being robust and built for real hard-use. If I find one at a real fair price that is good-used, I will be tempted to buy one.

Now, I am talking about the CZ97B, and not the CZ97 BD which I don't think is available back in 2003??

#5 ·
I have a 97B. I wear size 9 1/2 gloves and I am not a very big guy. I put a set of CZ75 Hogue grips on the 97. A little heat was needed to fit them right. IMHO they are not much bigger the a FS 75. They are "scary accurate" right out the box. Some say the most accurate 45 right out of the box. Find one to shoot and then make up your mind.

#7 ·
I don't have much to contribute here, other than to say that I echo the desire for a CZ97BD. I can't justify one, but man do I want one!

Should I ever spring for one, I'd have to handle one first, as I have read in many different places that it is a very large handgun. The 75 feels fine to me, but if this is even larger, like Glock 21 or worse, than my hopes may be dashed and maybe it's not for me.

#13 ·
CZ97b

I got a CZ 97B the other day, I must say it is what the homies would describe as "gangster." I took it to the range and the ranger officer had told me to shoot this rock on the burm. He told me I could do it especially with that gun and the dude was right. It is so comfortable to shoot, it has a nice/light recoil to it, it's just frik'n A sweet. I traded my springfield armory 1911 in for it, cause it sucked fart and man I do not regret it. However, I was shooting it and all of a sudden the hammer would not drop. When it did the firing pin was not striking the primer. I wrote an email to this dude, Mike. Mike said adjust the screw behind the trigger. I thought this dude was crazy!!! Low and behold it worked again!!!

I dont' know if I like my RIA 1911 more or my CZ97b

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::

#15 ·
I bought one about a year ago and it's the best pistol I've ever owned. Everyone talks about how big it is, but I kinda just don't see it. Sure it's a FULL SIZE but I never thought of it as huge. I even carry mine concealed somewhat regularly.

The disassembly / reassembly is super sweet, has a nice trigger, goes bang every time, feels good in my hand. I took my two brothers and sis to the range not long ago with a fair number of guns to shoot. (AR-15, CZ, S&W .38 spl, Baby Eagle .45, Single Six 22, MKII 22...and maybe one or two more)

My sister is a small girl but out of all the guns she found my CZ 97B the most manageable and liked it the best. I was surprised 'cause everyone bitches about how big it is. I expected her to like the S&W best.

Anyway I can't say enough good things about the 97B. I much prefer it to the Baby Eagle. AND the HK45 for that matter.

Sorry if I make anyone hungry but here's my CZ in the holster I use for CCW...oh and some grub.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.