1911Forum banner

cbob special edition?

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Sixgunz 
#1 ·
My local dealer says he has a Dan Wesson bob tail commander that is some sort of special edition. Black (not sure if its bluing or a coating), special grips. he wants $1290 for it.
I don't recall seeing such a thing mentioned here. Can anyone tell me more about it? Unfortunately it was not available for me to view, but if its really cool I might buy the critter.

#9 ·
Wasn't there a limited run of CBOBs finished with the same finish as the Valor, the "Black CBOB". Same gun, stainless with the ceramic coating. I don't know how many were made.
Thats exactly right, some where cerakoted like the Valor, others were done in the desert tan flavor.

#10 ·
I wanna see a picture of one. Someone here must have one. Let's see one :rock:

#13 ·
Well I have a 2tone cbob 10mm. I haven't heard of a factory "all black" other than the Valor and CCO. So if there is a special edition, I wanna see mmmmk.

P.S. Using the search function now :rolleyes:;)

#14 ·
DW made some CBOBs that CZ subsequently painted with a cheap, spray-on coating last year. The coating was not Cerakote, but a cheap paint that wears quickly. These also came with different grips, IIRC, a cheap, golf-ball pattern grip. These were not at all a custom CBOB. In fact, they never made a splash at all, as many wondered why a beautiful ss pistol would be coated with a cheap, spray on paint. Sorry.

#15 ·
Bummer. I'm thinking its probably one of those CCO's. I guess I'll see it on Saturday but doesn't sound like what I'm looking for.
Funny, he's usually pretty sharp and definitely referred to it as a "bob tailed Commander" and said they were only able to get two or three of them.
But if its not right, then let the search continue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.