1911Forum banner

Springfield MC Operator vs. Kimber Warrior

16K views 38 replies 33 participants last post by  borbo 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
McOperator

I've had an McOperator for the last few years and will never get rid of it. It is currently in my tactical rig with a surefire X200 attached at work. This is one of the best 1911 guns I have ever shot. I own three 1911's, the McOperator, Colt Government, and a Les Baer Commanche. When it comes time for the department shoot it is always the MC.

I have never been a fan of Kimber's because of the problems with the department +P ammo we have to carry. The ammo was breaking parts on the Kimbers.

The Mc has eaten all types of ammo, but it does not like Wilson magazines. I use either Tripp Research or Metalform.

Hope this helps. I know everybody nis different, but the Mc would be the 1911 for me if I could only carry one.

Tony P.

#7 ·
Well, it's been awhile since I've posted here. I picked up a Kimber warrior a few months ago and have been thoroughly impressed with its performance. I've had colts and SAs- and the warrior is my first and only Kimber. I'm one to tinker with 1911s- and honestly, the only thing I changed on my warrior has been the grips (VZ 320s now- asthetically- much better than the white grips- IMHO). It's my nightstand, range, gun. Really- I think it's the best Kimber has to offer these days. No series II - and has all the features (ambi safety, night sights, low maintanence finish, beavertail) I wanted in a 1911 (less the rail- just don't see a need for it- but hey- what modern pistol these days doesn't have one?).

I have no experience with the MC operator. I like SA pistols- I think they make a fine product. I just honestly think Kimber hit a home run w/ the Warrior. My Springfield/Colt owning friends concur with this assesment of the Warrior. As a Colt fan- it's probably the only Kimber I will own. Good luck with your choice!

#26 · (Edited)
The MC operate does not have a bull barrel. There is no such thing as a 'GI guide rod', it comes with stock GI plug 'as it should be' according to you.

Good luck with your kimbers, you're obviously quite knowledgeable :rofl:

#10 ·
Mc

The MC Operator does not have a bull barrel. Besides whats wrong with a bull barrel? I have no problems with Kimbers since they went back to the internal extractor. Plus the Warrior is a series 1 style but I still am a Springfield fan. Their warranty is the best hands down (lifetime regardless if you are the original owner). Also I am not a big fan of having "Warrior" stamped on the slide. Seems way cheesy to me, it ranks right up there with the giant Trojan logo.

#11 ·
I made the same decision a few months ago. I chose the SA MC Operator.

Much of the data I had to compare against was not quite correct. I ended up with both guns near me at a gun show. They are very similar.

I'm sure the kimber warrior is a great gun, but the SA had everything I wanted (it does cost a little less $$).

The Operator is the most accurate 1911 I own (and have shot... I don't get around to those 2k+ guns :p).

With Springfield, you can also upgrade it to a TRP for $695 at a later time if you want to.

Here is my thread, not too much information in it, but it may help.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=151829

#14 ·
Bull Barrel

impala_ss said:
The MC Operator does not have a bull barrel. Besides whats wrong with a bull barrel? I have no problems with Kimbers since they went back to the internal extractor. Plus the Warrior is a series 1 style but I still am a Springfield fan. Their warranty is the best hands down (lifetime regardless if you are the original owner). Also I am not a big fan of having "Warrior" stamped on the slide. Seems way cheesy to me, it ranks right up there with the giant Trojan logo.

Impala SS. What type of barrel does the SA MC Operator have? Mine is missing the bushing thingy that goes on the front of the barrel.:scratch:

#22 ·
I just wanted to ask where you got these grips... 100% pure awesome. I'm a big Magnum P.I. fan. These grips are fantastic.

I also own the Kimber Warrior. I have never shot the MC Operator, but it seems like a nice gun and lots of guys really like them. If you can try them both, let your own results guide your decision. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong either way. Certainly every company puts out a few lemons every now and then, but these are both quality pistols. A good gunsmith can usually fix any problems you have in short order when you're starting with good guns.

I like Kimbers. I own a few... a long with a Dan Wesson and an Ed Brown. I know some people don't care for Kimbers and they have stories about reliability. Each man's experience should form his opinion, but in my experience - and I own about 6 Kimbers - I have had VERY few issues. I like they way they look and feel, and my gunsmith has been able to resolve any minor issues I've had. I like Kimbers.

#17 ·
Mc

The MC Operators and the old Loaded Operators should have a bushing barrel. The TRP Operators of old and new have a bull barrel. I don't mind the bull barrel. It takes me an extra 2 minutes to clean, thats it.

#18 ·
I have shot both side by side about 200 rounds each. I'm a Kimber man but I liked the Operator better. Nothing wrong with the Kimber. I just shot the Operator better.

#20 ·
Operators

No pics of Operators so I thought I would balance it out a little. :)

#24 ·
I'd go to both Forums and ask questions .
For me its the SA .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.