1911Forum banner

We all love pictures!

14K views 42 replies 26 participants last post by  pacific keeper 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd share the pictures of my 1911SC E Series. I've been slowly getting everything I wanted for it and I finally got the Crimson Trace Laser grips that I ordered 3 months ago for it. The grips are fresh off the press and are the new models made for round butts. The thumb and grip safety are both from Wilson Combat and the holster is from Steven at Kelleygunleather.com. Hope you all enjoy looking at it as much as I do.

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks baccusboy. All you need to get the grips off and on is an allen wrench. The Crimson Trace grips use the same screws that came with the gun.

How do you like those Crimson Trace grips compared to the stock ones that came with the Sc E-series. Are they the same size as the standard grips? They look good on the gun, I've got the same model, the Sc E-series in all black. I'm contemplating getting a set for mine as I have pair of CTs on my S&W MP340 and love them.

EDIT:

Also do they happen to be ambi-cut for the ambidextrous safety that comes standard on the Sc?
The grips feel great in the hand, I actually thing they are ever so slightly fatter than the original grips but it feels very good. They work great and look equally as good. And yes there is an ambi cut on the right side.

#5 · (Edited)
How do you like those Crimson Trace grips compared to the stock ones that came with the Sc E-series. Are they the same size as the standard grips? They look good on the gun, I've got the same model, the Sc E-series in all black. I'm contemplating getting a set for mine as I have pair of CTs on my S&W MP340 and love them.

EDIT:

Also do they happen to be ambi-cut for the ambidextrous safety that comes standard on the Sc?

#8 ·
Bigmant, thanks for the response. I think you may have "sold" me on a set of those for mine. They look better and better as I look at those photos.

Another question though is does the activation "pad" change your grip any as it seems to come up into the "relief" in the front strap/trigger guard that allows you to hold the gun in your hand a little higher. This could also be me over-analyzing the photo a bit, but it's hard to tell from the photos on Crimson Trace's website as they show them on a Kimber Super Carry and not a E-series.

#9 ·
It will feel a little different, but nothing debilitating. The activation pad will sit right under your middle finger and activates very easily. Squeeze all you want, it wont break :biglaugh: Other than that though it feels great.

#12 ·
Great pictures, I do like that holster too.

#15 ·
I've handled one of those in Sportsmans Warehouse. They are very nice guns. If it weren't that I'm sticking with 9mm and found the DW Guardian, that SCe would be at the top of my short list.

Vern

#26 ·
I may be one of the few people alive who don't like Ballistol....well, I like the way it works, but I just can't stand the way it smells. I tried...I really tried...but I could smell this putrid odor in the room for hours after I had cleaned my guns, and I just couldn't go it. It does work amazingly well, though!

I've gone to Hoppes Elite for cleaning and Weapon Shield for lubrication.

#20 · (Edited)
It's not supposed to. Says right on the can it's good for wood and leather. You should see how it made my grandpa's 60 year-old 300 savage come alive. I just wipe my hands over the wood while I'm cleaning the rest with Ballistol, then wipe it off. You tend to get it all over your hands anyway (it's safe). It goes on like oil, but doesn't feel slippery or too grippy in any way. Interesting stuff. It really makes the black look more black and the wood colors pop out at you. As for internals and such, Ballistol works best if you put it on and then let it sit for a few minutes or longer. I just spray-down the worst stuff first, then clean on the other stuff. That will get the job done. For heavy cleaning of a barrel, you probably want to let it sit in the stuff for hours, or use something more heavy-duty like a foaming bore cleaner. Ballistol will work by itself, I have heard, but I put 4 tiny dots of Tetragrease on the slide and areas that get friction, then lightly rub that in with a q-tip or my finger to cover the area with a very thin coat.

Works well for removing stuff like cosmoline on a new gun, too.

#22 · (Edited)
Nice looking pistol. I have one like the second one pictured in bi tone. Also fitted with the CT laser grips. Wondered why you swapped out the thumb and grip safety with Wilson Combat ? Are they that much better ? I did purchase 4 Chip McCormack power + mags as everyone seems to think that the s&w factory mags are not quite as reliable as they should be.

S&W 1911Esc
Para 14-45 Limited
Springfield XD 9mm
Browing Buckmark Camper 22lr
Dan Wesson 357 revolver 6"

#31 ·
Nice looking pistol. I have one like the second one pictured in bi tone. Also fitted with the CT laser grips. Wondered why you swapped out the thumb and grip safety with Wilson Combat ? Are they that much better ? I did purchase 4 Chip McCormack power + mags as everyone seems to think that the s&w factory mags are not quite as reliable as they should be.
Biz,

I switched out the grip safety mostly for aesthetic purposes, the stock one just didn't match the finish right and it was really bothering me. The thumb safety I switched simply because I carry this piece everyday and did not want to have the ambi safety on the other side exposed. I didn't feel comfortable with the safety hanging out of my holster unprotected where something could hit it and turn the gun off safe. Just little things that make me feel better, but I legitimately carry this everyday and absolutely love it. It shoots great and I would absolutely trust my life with it.

#29 ·
Ballistol has the Wife Seal of Approval for indoor use.
She hates brake cleaner and other cleaners.

Beats cleaning guns in the garage with the cat...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.