1911Forum banner

Titanium Bottle Opener/Bushing Wrench

18K views 92 replies 63 participants last post by  Soupie 
#1 ·
Sorry if this is the wrong section...Considering there are quite a few beer and 1911 lovers on here...

I've been working on a line of pocket tools for the past few months. Primarily I make bicycle components and some firearm parts, but I want to branch out into the tools side of things for both.

First up is a prototype titanium keychain/pocket tool.

Bottle Opener
1911 Bushing Wrench
1/4" Broach
Standard Tip Screw Driver/Pry
Domestic 6Al/4V Titanium
5/32" Thick
2-1/4" x 1-7/16"
100% Made In The USA (Old Towne Orange, California)

I am making these myself at my home workshop. All milling is done manually, unless interest grows I may throw them in the CNC. Mainly showing this to see what you guys think and if anyone is interested. I haven't found a nice bottle opener/bushing wrench that I can keep on me, which is why I started making these.

I may throw some laser etch on for measuring on the side and "Drink Responsibly - Shoot Responsibly" unless someone has already done that on something similar.

-Ken

See less See more
#27 ·
It sure does! The tip is narrow enough to fit in the slot and not hit the grips on the sides.

What is a '1/4" Broach'? What size is the hex opening?
The hex is 1/4" from flat to flat. This fits a 1/4" bit.

Where is the broach?

http://search.aol.com/aol/imageDeta...0&imgHeight=350&imgSize=19079&imgTitle=Broach

A broach is a long tool with ever larger cutting surfaces. Do you mean to say, "1/4 inch wrench"?
Not sure if serious.

There are many types of broaches, not just the style you have linked. These are what I use, in a punch setup.

http://slatertool.com/rotary-broaches/product/500-shank-diameter

The thru hex on the pocket tool is 1/4" from flat to flat, manufactured using a 1/4" punch broach. You could call it a number of things. I've always called it what I called it, as that is what I meant to call it. I appreciate the lesson though.

Ok, this is said in jest. :D. A BEER bottle opener that you can attach to your CAR keys with GUN tools so that you can have BEER while messing with your FIREARMS while you are DRIVING AROUND and drink more BEER. I know, add a ROACH CLIP and a PILL SPLITTER! :biglaugh:
I'm thinking maybe you should install a baby rattle on it so the kids can play with it while your drinking BEER. :D. There is a great joke waiting to come out but I'll be darned if I can come up with it this morning! Hahaha!

Seriously, a small display on ever gun shop counter near register or something and they ought to sell like crazy! I think you have come up with a good idea and that can expand and grow into other combo tools. They look very nice! Good job!
I was waiting for a reply like that! Haha, nice one too. Other combo tools are in the works as I type this. A display would be sweet, but as of right now I'll be dealing direct with customers as my quantities are very low. That and I like the personal connection with customers thru what I make.

No I don't. He lists a '1/4" Broach' in the list of features and I was just wondering what it was. I assume it's the sharp edges coming from the screwdriver tip on each side. I still don't know what size the hex is.
Simply noting that the hex is 1/4".

I hope he check's his PM's, these would make great Christmas gifts.
Thanks for all the help with everything. I really appreciate it.

Everyone that is showing interest, I must make it very clear that this thread is not being used for any type of sales. Only feedback regarding the design and if you guys would even be interested in something like this. I realize it is a fine line and I mean no disrespect towards this forum, and what it stands for. I don't want to make I seem like I am using this forum for sales, as that is not my intention. I'm not on here as a manufacturer looking to make a sale. I'm on here as a member of the community that happens to also make things that I'd like to share with you guys. I hope that makes sense.

-Ken

#16 · (Edited)
Ok, this is said in jest. :D. A BEER bottle opener that you can attach to your CAR keys with GUN tools so that you can have BEER while messing with your FIREARMS while you are DRIVING AROUND and drink more BEER. I know, add a ROACH CLIP and a PILL SPLITTER! :biglaugh:
I'm thinking maybe you should install a baby rattle on it so the kids can play with it while your drinking BEER. :D. There is a great joke waiting to come out but I'll be darned if I can come up with it this morning! Hahaha!

Seriously, a small display on ever gun shop counter near register or something and they ought to sell like crazy! I think you have come up with a good idea and that can expand and grow into other combo tools. They look very nice! Good job!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.